Question

Allen Sullivan

I'm shooting a Remington 700 with Hornady 150 SST bullets and H414 Power. At 200 yards it is shooting a very tight group about 1 inch. Opening day I shot a nice 8 point, very little blood trail a drop here and there. Found the deer about 30 yards up the ridge. Bullet went right though and small exit hole. Sunday day #2 shot a doe in the neck droped her in her tracks 150 yards again no blood. Sunday afternoon Doe standing 235 yards out, shooting off a stick shot she almost went down right then could tell she was hit. Ran into the woods I saw her fall though scope. Walked down no blood, went into the woods found where she went down again no blood. Found a couple of places she had been down. Yesterday (Sunday) shot another doe 60 yards solid hit again she stumbling while trying to run out of the field. Again no blood.

Has anyone else shooting these bullets have or having the same problem?

I'm going back to bullets I know will work.

I have about 150 plus rounds loaded plus some H414 power and extra bullets if someone is interested PM and we can work out a deal.

Allen Sullivan

Thanks for the input Steven, I hate hitting a deer and not being able to find them. I use to shoot seria bullets and I'm going back to them. Bought some 150 grins last night. I know what they will do when they hit.

Tikkabuck

I'm shooting SST's out of a 270 WSM 130 grs and a 180 grs out of 300WM. So far no problems with a blood trail. I use Sierra GK's too,no complant's about either. Any idea how fast they are going?

Allen Sullivan

I have them loaded mid range and they are shooting about 2800 FT PS. Love the bullets but losing 2 deer in one week. That is just something I do not like to do what so ever.

pety221

i'm shooting a 7mag 150 nosler bt over 65.4grn 4831 shot a doe with it saturday morning she never moved out of her tracks
but i had to look hard to find the exit wound .
been shooting ballistic silver tips for a long time now never had a problem loosing a deer tho

Latest posts