Quail ?

Knothead

Friend of mine went to KY and got 9 quail. Called me and told me if I wantted 'em, I could come get them outa his truck at work. So I did. Got 'em all cleaned up and ready to cook for dinner one night.
Now, I haven't eaten quail in years, and its been longer than that since I cooked any. :D Anybody got any great recipes/cooking tips for 9 big quail breasts?
Thanks.

Coach

I grill my quail and pheasant...I put a bean can full of water on the back of the grill for a little steam...sometimes put bacon on them or cut them into chunks and wrap bacon around the chunks and stick a toothpick in it (we call that Tennessee fruit rollups!)...it's all good.

Darkthirty II

I can't believe you did'nt clean the whole birds. Doves yeah, I just pop the breast out of'em, but quail, I clean the whole bird and split them down the back to get the innards out. quail are too precious of a commodity not to savor every bit. Dredge'em in flour and fry them, then make some gravy out of whats left in the pan. The worst tongue lashing I ever got, was when my grandfather caught me popping the breast out of a bobwhite. Ain't done it since. Regardless of how you clean'em or cook'em, there good about any way you can think of.

Latest posts