Putting a Transducer on a Terrova

Trapper John

Long story short, I'm putting lipstick on a pig. I still have my grandfather's boat. It's not fancy, but I like it. My options are limited with it. The Terrova has a 12 volt option and it's just simpler to stick with that with the style (Lazy) of fishing I do. Anyway, I'm not looking to upgrade the electronics on the bow of the boat. I would like to keep my current cheap fish finder. I like it. And I have no interest in using the integrated transducers in some of the Terrovas.

Now, I have watched YouTube videos, read experiences, and basically confused the hell out of myself. How tricky is it to mount an external transducer and run the cables from my current fish finder to one of these trolling motors? Based on what I'm seeing, it looks like I'll need to rig something up or run the risk of having my cables destroyed by the movement of the trolling motor. Just wondering what the best way is. If even realistically feasible.

I'm also open to the idea of using a standalone transducer mount if such a thing exists that doesn't eat up the entire bow of the boat.

Last edited:

Tn Joe

My terrova has a flat spot on the shaft that I ran the ducer wire down. You will have to remove the head and pull the shaft out to run it. I hot glued it to the shaft so it doesn't bind up. There's probably a how to video somewhere out there.
5D6F6A36-5003-49AA-A9CD-2C40C89E5C69.jpeg

TRIGGER

My terrova has a flat spot on the shaft that I ran the ducer wire down. You will have to remove the head and pull the shaft out to run it. I hot glued it to the shaft so it doesn't bind up. There's probably a how to video somewhere out there.View attachment 127385
^^this. I used black silicone to hold mine in place.

Latest posts