Pull rope , need feedback

DeerKiller2012

I bought and assembled ten point titan extreme. Do I have to buy the ten point pull rope ? It didn't come with one in the package and I wasn't going to pay the extra 150$ for all the other. Can I get a regular pul rope from Walmart and it do just fine ? I thought i saw someone say off brand wasn't as safe

Hunting Daddy

I have a Ten Point with the pull rope on the stock. IMO really don't see why you could not use the aftermarket one. Make make sure it's rated for your bows poundage.

HD

DeerKiller2012

Thanks ! I'm a new crossbow owner . One more quick question, do I have to buy cross bow specific field point heads ? I'm needing 125 grain field point heads but can't find bolt specific . I'm kinda taking that as a clue lol but some confirmation will help

LanceS4803

Pull rope: No, any will work. I left mine at home when heading out on a trip. Ended up going to Lowes and getting small carabineers an using 550 cord to make one. Worked fine, just very uncomfortable without nice handles. (I now have two pull ropes!)
Field points: Nope, same heads. Now this is different for expandable broad heads. Supposedly, the x-bow rated withstand opening due to increased force. Not sure if this is true. I use NAP Spitfires, and have never had one open during launch.

DEER REPELLANT

I would buy and Excalibur pull rope, i had an Excalibur exocet 200 and phoenix,it held up fine, used the same one on both. I shoot a wicked ridge warrior with the rope in the stock. After pulling the Excalibur i feel in heaven when pulling the warrior.

WalMart carries the field point for bows, same. Just make sure you get the grain right and arrow is at recommended weight with tips on. Match the broad heads and field point grains the same.

I shoot Easton 2219 xx75 with 100 grain tips. Had them weighed, 440 grain weight. A local archery shop should be able to weigh them for you.

If you go to ten point web site and look up your model they will have the information on the suggested weight there. If not call them and they can tell you. Advice to shoot recommended or heavier, i in my opion for what's its worth i wouldn't shoot lighter. I have heard it could eventually damage bow.

Happy Hunting Fellow Cross Bower

soshock1

Be sure to inspect your pull ropes every once in a while. The pins in the little pullies can come out and essentially cause a dry fire while you are cocking the bow.

DeerKiller2012

I bought a pull rope at Walmart yesterday and it worked fine . I ain't gonna lie this crossbow stuff seems pretty dangerous lol I messed up and hit the safety to the on position in my last attempt to shoot one last bolt yesterday. Only thing I knew to do was try to hold both pieces of rope with one hand and take the other hand and hit the dry fire inhibitor and let the string back down . As I did that and get all the tension on the one hand I realize my string is twisted in the one hand. Lets just say I surprisingly got it all taken care of but ill say the ole hiney was tight during this event lol . Read in owners manual and figured out if that happens how to fix it next time

Latest posts