Public Land

I'm in college and me and my buddies were planning on taking a trip down to Brinkley Arkansas to do some public land timber hunting. We've been in touch with a game warden down there and he says that its gonna take a LOT of rain to get the timber flooded. So we're trying to figure out a back up plan if the timber is not flooded by the time we're going on the trip. I'm not looking for any secret spots just some tips and to get pointed in the right direction. Maybe some other good public areas in Arkansas or even Mississippi or Louisiana. Also, I know reelfoot has a wma and blinds but does it have any timber that you can hunt without having possession of a blind? I know there would probably be a lot of competition here but we're just trying to get out in the woods somewhere. Any advice would be much appreciated.

rem270

If your considering reelfoot. Look about 40 miles East at Crockett. Crockett is part of Gooch, its part E of Gooch actually. Has several timber holes and its some pretty good hunting when you can catch it. Its right on the Obion/Weakley county line.

Cache

2-Step Enabled
Most everything in Arkie is dry right now. Agfc pumps some of there wmas check out the website they should start posting reports of water conditions next week

Kevin

Sorry fellas But let it be dry! It was wet last year, and we had no Ducks! We pump water, so if really helps if we are the only water source!

Thank ya'll for the info. I figured everything would be pretty dry hopefully we'll get some rain and get the water up. Ready to kill some ducks! One week!

Latest posts