priest ducks?

blj25c

i don't want to take anyone's honey hole but does anyone know any good duck spots on priest? started duck hunting 2 years ago and can't stop trying to find new places around rutherford co. i went to the new johnsonville area on a guided hunt middle of december and it just makes me want to try harder to do it on my own and closer to where i live! i work in lavergne so any places close to that that i can possibly scout from land would be nice.

relocatedduckman

Hahahahahahahaga... That's funny. Good spot on Percy. If you shoot a bird on Percy your doing well.. It's a hard lake. Truly, I wouldn't hunt it unless we get really really cold weather. Only time there are decent duck numbers there.

ADR

Relocatedduckman is right. Priest is a very hard lake to hunt. Ducks can be killed on the lake but generally means either REALLY cold weather or a lot of effort. Many early duck hunters around Smyrna/Lavergne have spent time on the lake. It will teach you a few things, patience and hard work being top of the list. I learned the beauty of decoying hooded mergansers there myself.