Price?

yellalinehunter

Wow, this thread has me reminiscing all the way back 34 years ago. My 1st buck! A 28" east Tn monster 4 pt. Non typical. ( 3 on 1 side, 1 on the other). Anyway, it still looks great after all of those years. I remember thinking how will I ever come up with $180 to pay her? Ha times have changed… she still going strong and in fact I just took my Illinois buck to her.
That mount doesn't look near that old. Great work you had done

Red Talon

Last one I took was supposed to be $400 with cape tanned instead of dry preserve like most taxis around here do. I gave a $100 deposit and it is going on 3 years. I get some lame excuse every time I call. I am not happy about it.
Have you not had the feeling that you have been had? We used to call it the modern whorehouse, because there was no pleasure received.

swd

Have my first one at the taxidermist right now. He's charging $540. I suspect for the turn around and price it will be dry tanned. I am 51. When I'm gone, I doubt anyone will want it. All that considered, I'm ok with it…

Joe2Kool

I had my first deer mounted in 1997, a doe, and the cost was $250 ish. Dropped off my 2023 mule deer at the same place and it will be $550. First one mounted in a long time. I've got about 6-7 mounts from there, some 20+ years old and they all still look like the day I brought them home. Every one of them back around June the following year.

I paid a local Nebraska taxidermist to cape my mulie. He charged $750 for a mount. He was a young guy working out of his garage so low overhead. Had plenty of work to do.

Regarding euros, I paid to have my first couple done. Some look good. Some look like crap, all yellow. This taxi subs eutos, and he was up front about it.

After several trial and error attempts, an hour with a pressure washer and a boiling pot get one clean. Still have to bleach it and hang it, but looks much better than the ones I paid for. Plus, with CWD transport requirements, a psi wash and boiling is required.

Latest posts