Price's for a mount near Anderson county

mike243

Grandson shot a buck and mamaw wants to get it mounted for him, looking for the best deal not a world renowned artist lol

deerfever

I have one at Mossy Grove processing and taxidermy right now. They have done great work for me in the past. You may want to call and check them out. It's in Morgan county not to far from you at all. Very reasonable price and may be just what you are looking for.

deerfever

mossy grove did mine as well. it used to be run by joe lane. joe is a good guy. they still do my processing. not sure who is doing the mounts now
Correct! I cannot remember the guys name but he worked with Joe for a few years before he took over for him, this will be the first one he has done for me. Joe did great work !

AT Hiker

George Byrd in Norma does really nice work.

He's $350 for a shoulder mount.
I don't know George and I mean nothing negative to him but $350 is ridiculously cheap, to the point where George is on the verge of paying you to mount your deer. Material cost have skyrocketed, between mannikin cost and shipping he has close to $100 in just the base form, add in eyes, eyeliners, paint, bondo, etc…poor George is working for less than minimum wage.

Your getting one heck of a deal.

Last edited:

Remi

His prices have been around that for years. I expected it to be mid $400's when I dropped mine off this year. I paid $310 in 2019 for a shoulder mount for him and I gave him $350 at the end of November. I'm not sure how he stays so low.

SES

Ken Cutsinger did mine a few years ago for $375. As mentioned though, prices and availability of chemicals and forms have surely pushed the price up. Ken's Natural Taxidermy is near Peach Orchard off the Clinton exit on 75.

rem270

I don't know George and I mean nothing negative to him but $350 is ridiculously cheap, to the point where George is on the verge of paying you to mount your deer. Material cost have skyrocketed, between mannikin cost and shipping he has close to $100 in just the base form, add in eyes, eyeliners, paint, bondo, etc…poor George is working for less than minimum wage.

My uncle has been a taxidermist for 16 or 17 years now. I remember he started at $280 and even then he was on the low side of what others were charging. Every year he has to go up he calls me to vent about it and is just scared to death he's going to lose business and tank. Seems like he's had to go up $10 or $20 at least every other year and I think is now at $420. I still think he's low compared to the quality of work he does but he will pinch every penny for himself that way his prices stay below the others around. Everyone around within a 150 mile radius of him is $500-$600. But it's sure paid off for him because he has a very good business he's built up.

Chickencoop96

George byrd does really good work. i've taken all my mounts to him.

Latest posts