previous preference points before new draws ( Bogota, Thorny cypress, Gooch E)

spoonie

Tried to find some info online about it, but what will happen to previous preference points from places like gooch unit E, Bogota, Thorny Cypress ect? Will these points stay seperate? I just looked up my points and it now reads that I have two points for the Mid Season drawing??

Last edited:

Displaced_Vol

Thinking about that myself just yesterday. I should have 1 or 2 for the old online quotas (thorny cypress, bogota, etc)

Levee Jumper

Tried to find some info online about it, but what will happen to previous preference points from places like gooch unit E, Bogota, Thorny Cypress ect? Will these points stay seperate? I just looked up my points and it now reads that I have two points for the Mid Season drawing??
I initially assumed that the existing quota hunts/sites would get lumped in with the new Tier 2 and Tier 3 sites. Everything I have read states that existing preference points will go toward the midseason draw for Tier 2 & Tier 3 sites but it remains unclear how they will morph the existing draw sites into the new tiered system. The problem is that neither the Tier 2 or Tier 3 classification matches the current operation of the existing quota hunts. Tier 2 is clearly out (for now) and the Tier 3 explanation states that the sites can be hopped which is not the case for the existing quota hunts, nor does the number of days selected per draw appear to match.

The whole situation is certainly a cluster. I'm not sure they currently have it figured out themselves.

Dodge Man

One the list Thorny and Bogota are in Tier 3. So I assume that if you have pref points from the past draw they will be in place for that draw this year.

"Existing Waterfowl priority points will all be applied to the Mid-Season application period. Points may not be moved to another application period nor be used on a season-long permit application."

Levee Jumper

One the list Thorny and Bogota are in Tier 3. So I assume that if you have pref points from the past draw they will be in place for that draw this year.

"Existing Waterfowl priority points will all be applied to the Mid-Season application period. Points may not be moved to another application period nor be used on a season-long permit application."
Can you attach the list you are referring to? Attached is what I've seen.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 9.16.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 9.16.44 AM.png
    69.1 KB · Views: 45

Dodge Man

Can you attach the list you are referring to? Attached is what I've seen.
I guess I just looked at it too quickly and assumed they were in tier 3. That is the only tier that comes close to the rules for those areas except blind hopping is not allowed. I would assume they would put them in one of the tiers. But it seems like I remember that Bogata, Thorny and Gooch E were going to stay the same as they had been. Maybe they going to draw them in the same system but keep the past rules.

Latest posts