Prentice Cooper open hunt

r2darr

Anyone have tips for hunting PC without an ATV? I've sat in 3 different locations with decent shooting lanes with the wind & land contours in my favor with not a single deer sighting. Barely any squirrels.
Does anyone know of an area that ATVs aren't allowed that I can walk?

Any other tips would be great, it's my first year trying public land. TIA

30-06 type of guy

Just saw this post.
IMG_4361.png

r2darr

Prettt big area. Plenty of room to get lost. Some real nice deer too. Just gotta find your spot
Been here sunrise to sunset since Saturday morning and seen 2 doe. I think I'm at my fill of public land for the season. Makes me want to stop hunting all together dealing with people with hunting licenses on public land, can't bring myself to call them hunters 😅

Mattt

You do you, I can tell you from experience there if you're seeing atvs you're in the wrong spot. How familiar with the area are you? Wanna see no atvs? Cross the suck and climb and hunt the other side of the road. Don't like that side? Go in off river and climb and hunt that side. I dot go up there anymore but wouldn't hesitate we even talked about doing a yearly camping/hunting trip and that would be one of the venues. There's some very rough/steep terrain available there with some real good hunting. First requirement is to get away from the roads/trails. If your not hiking heavy going in you're probably gonna feel the crowd pressure. Most folks hunt well within 1/4 mile of a vehicle. Do you have a map ofthe area?