Power Belt ELR Bullets!!

DeerMan66

I'm not sure about the ELR but I'm not a fan of Powerbelts. My experience with the 245 grain PB hollow point was chasing several wounded deer with little or no blood trail. I went to the 250 grain Barnes Expander solid copper. Problem solved with dead deer that don't make it out of sight. Take a look at the difference between the two bullets recovered from two deer. Same gun and same powder load. I was lucky to find the deer shot with the PB after it ran 500 yds. The deer shot with the Barnes bullet went about 15 yards.

Attachments

• IMG_20210924_212313910.jpg
    IMG_20210924_212313910.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 31

Buzzard Breath

Who's posting about experiences with the actual "ELR" bullet and who's posting about the original powerbelt bullets?

I'm also interested in the newer ELR bullets and would like to hear some first hand experiences.

Jcalder

I like Powerbelts because they are so easy to slide down the barrel and you dont have to fool with those sabots,plus they are very accurate in my CVA!!
I've never heard a complaint about their ease of loading and accuracy. But there is numerous horror stories on how they didn't do their job in the field, whether they didn't open or didn't exit the animal.

Chiflyguy

The 295s and under are notorious for blowing up on impact. I had five hits in a row do that. Then I went up to their 405s. No more problems.
I might try a heavier bullet I don't shoot over 100 yards

Wrangler95

I've never heard a complaint about their ease of loading and accuracy. But there is numerous horror stories on how they didn't do their job in the field, whether they didn't open or didn't exit the animal.
I've only shot a few with Powerbelts but they fell within 20 yards,stone dead but I have heard some say they didnt perform well for them,could account some of those lost deer may have been poor shots!

BSK

I've only shot a few with Powerbelts but they fell within 20 yards,stone dead but I have heard some say they didnt perform well for them,could account some of those lost deer may have been poor shots!
I had 5 broadside hits in the lungs (at under 50 yards) not go through. No blood trails. All deer found but only because we know the local "escape routes."

slabhead

My son killed one using those a couple years ago. 50 yrd shoulder shot, deer went 50yrds. Complete pass trough and devastated insides.

Latest posts