Power Belt ELR Bullets!!

Wrangler95

Anyone tried the ELR bullets,claim they shoot flater than regular Powerbelts.I would like some opinions please!

Acorn

IMG_0187.jpeg
I use them in my CVa paramount 45 cal. I've had good luck with them so far. This is my group at 100 yards. I shoot out to 900 yards with them. If you buy some make sure they have a lot number on the package. When they first came out there was some bad ones but they did not have a lot number on the package.

BSK

From our experiences, they need to be used with hot powder charges. At lower charges - and we were using 90 grns of 777 - the accuracy was poor.

Chiflyguy

I killed my personal best wit Powerbelts but the bullet comes apart. Didn't get first drop of blood til over 150 yards from poi
I did a test on a McMaster Carr catalog and same thing.

BSK

I killed my personal best wit Powerbelts but the bullet comes apart. Didn't get first drop of blood til over 150 yards from poi
I did a test on a McMaster Carr catalog and same thing.
That's why we switched to the very heavy PBs. 348s and 405s. No more problem with the bullets coming apart and no blood trails. Biggest problem is, they're not making many of the heavier bullets.

Wrangler95

View attachment 189331I use them in my CVa paramount 45 cal. I've had good luck with them so far. This is my group at 100 yards. I shoot out to 900 yards with them. If you buy some make sure they have a lot number on the package. When they first came out there was some bad ones but they did not have a lot number on the package.
Thanks!!

Chiflyguy

That's why we switched to the very heavy PBs. 348s and 405s. No more problem with the bullets coming apart and no blood trails. Biggest problem is, they're not making many of the heavier bullets.
I think I was shooting 295g .50 cal
I'll look into a heavier bullet

Chiflyguy

My results were in a thread last year or before that

Remi

A good test on the 330 ELR

Latest posts