Power belt bullets

vonb

I used them years ago and they did not leave a blood trail. I switched back to Hornady SSTs and XTPs.

Last edited:

Spurhunter

Most people will tell you the same thing. They load easy, shoot great, but stay inside the deer and leave no blood trail. I shot them for years and never lost a deer because they never went far, but I knew sooner or later I would need a blood trail and wouldn't have one. I went to Barnes Expanders and they leave a blood trail Stevie Wonder could follow.

csi-tech

Used Powerbelts. They were not accurate in my rifles. They seemed to tumble in my Austin and Halleck and just go sort of wild in my NEF Sidekick. Went to Hornady Sabot 250 Gr. and 100Gr. Pyrodex. Works great.

deerfever

I use the 250 grain aerolite with 100 GR white hots. The accuracy is unreal and very consistent

spctbone

2-Step Enabled
Used these this past weekend. Shot a buck at about 30 yards. Only one small drop of blood, luckily it was a high spine shot and he only went 5yards. No pass through. Not impressed..going back to the SST

ROVERBOY

I've never tried Powerbelts but have some 295 gr. Gonna try them sometime. I'm old school because I've been hunting with Maxi-Balls for about 10 years.

hillbillyfab

Found this on the ground in front of the 50 yard targets at the range yesterday. Now granted those targets have a heavier cardboard backer and the frames are made of #2 pine boards. Maybe it hit a nail. 🤷 In all seriousness it looks like someone used a hammer on the ramrod when loading it.

Attachments

• IMG_20211116_110301131.jpg
    IMG_20211116_110301131.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 105

SES

I have NEVER lost a deer shooting Powerbelts, but I shoot a bigger bullet. The 348 grain version shoot extremely well out of my CVA with 120 grains of Pyrodex. 1st shot with a clean barrel will throw them a foot left every time. Once the barrel is dirty, they're dead on.

Jcalder

Found this on the ground in front of the 50 yard targets at the range yesterday. Now granted those targets have a heavier cardboard backer and the frames are made of #2 pine boards. Maybe it hit a nail. 🤷 In all seriousness it looks like someone used a hammer on the ramrod when loading it.
I used to have several shockwaves/sst just like that. Nearly load them back.

Benelli 4 Life

I used to have several shockwaves/sst just like that. Nearly load them back.
I killed several deer with Shockwaves but they all passed through except for 2. One of em the tip was broke off and the other I swear could've been shot again. Switched to Barnes after that. I've found 5 Barnes out of bout 25 deer and they've all been perfectly flowered out

huntntrap

Shot 295 grain power belts for the last 5 or 6 years. Haven't lost a deer yet but sometimes there isn't much blood.

DeerMan66

I got tired of chasing wounded deer shot with 250 grain Powerbelt hollow points that hardly ever passed through. I did a lot of research and went the the Barnes Expander 250 grain hollow point about 6 years ago. I haven't had a deer go over 40 yards since. Most are down in their tracks. Take a look at these bullets that I recovered from deer. The one on the left is the Barnes Expander with almost 100% weight retention. The buck went down immediately. The one on the right is a Powerbelt hollow point. That buck made a 500 yard circle and fell within 50 yards of where I shot him. God meant for me to have that deer. That is the last Powerbelt that I will ever shoot.

Attachments

• IMG_20210924_212313910.jpg
    IMG_20210924_212313910.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 51

archer19

No pass thru
lite blood trails
still all dead deer
150 yards is as far as ones gone only because it was straight down the mountain side. Steeeeeeeeep!!!
Powerbelts kill stone cold dead
hit one shoulder
lodge on other side in hide.
mushroomed to a quarter

love them!

Latest posts