Powder scales question

dh1984

i have a set of digital scales that i have been using for reloading and now every time i put my powder tray on it to weigh powder it gives me a different reading every time.

i need to find the best set of scales for reloading that there is so i know i can't mess up and put a double charge of powder in one of my shells LOL.

randy

My balance beam scale seams to be the opposite. Depending on where the powder is place on the little brass pan, I will get a different reading.

Jcalder

Are you weighing just the tray to get zero or are you getting different readings with powder in the tray. You powder measure may not be throwing exact charges and you'll have to add a little or take some out. It's a lot easy adding to than taking out.

KPH

Chaneylake said:
balance beam, whenever I check my digital against my beam scale I seem to never get the same answer

with my balance beam I never have any problems
I started out using the beam, last year I bought a electronic. I still go back to the beam just trust it more.

DIRTTRAX

Put your scale on a dryer sheet if you haven't the low humidity means static is up and it will make the load cell reading to jump around. May not be you case. Also I've seen to close yo a flouresent light make them jump around.

DaveB

RCBS 10-10 since mid-80's. Yeah, its slow. So what, I ain't in some speed contest.

Just as an FYI, that 10-10 cost me in today's dollars prolly around 300 bucks. I remember paying for it on my credit card and not all at once either.

AllOutdoors

dh1984 said:
i have a set of digital scales that i have been using for reloading and now every time i put my powder tray on it to weigh powder it gives me a different reading every time.

i need to find the best set of scales for reloading that there is so i know i can't mess up and put a double charge of powder in one of my shells LOL.

If you have your cell phone nearby it will

might mess with your digital scales.

FLTENNHUNTER1

Frankfort Arsenal electronic made in China is freaking on the money all the time and I check it's zero every 50 rounds with a fixed weight.

Plus, I charge 50 rounds at a time with powder in a loading block and visually check all the loads before I put any bullets into them to make sure the charges all are at the same levels in the cases. I do this by inspecting them with a bright light. Follow all safety rules at all times and you will be safe. I never have and never will load one round at a time start to finish, I always charge 25 or more with powder, then seat all of the bullets.

Snowwolfe

Electric digital scales are known to drift, even more so if they are under fluorescent lighting. They are great for weighing cases or bullets but I quit using them for powder awhile back.
I use a beam and balance scale for weighing powder charges.

Latest posts