Pontoon

Sako

The only thing I would suggest is a good anchor... they do tend to get blown around more due to size but they are great platforms to do that type of fishing from...

Aquaholic

May want to look into a Deck Boat also ... Not as big and bulky ...same deck area as a pontoon and the speed and handling of a runabout ...

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Planking

I use mine at times for fishing and there are many pros. The cons with mine is it doesn't tow or trailer anything like my usual boat so that can discourage going a little. I would get one that's a little better in these areas if i had to do it again. Wind gets it like everyone says and so i use a big fluke style anchor. It still is a problem at times even with the big anchor so don't skimp here. I find myself wanting to sleep instead of fish because its so comfortable. For what you are going to use it for it should be a great fishing boat.

sharpshooter

Sounds like a pontoon is right up your alley. Love mine, just don't get to use it enough. I added a Helix 5, Minn Kota 55# hand control and Spyder Lok rod holders that I haven't got to use yet. Like others have said the wind will get ya some, but overall it is great.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk