Plot master?

Dumbluck

Do any of you guys have one of these for the ATV. I have thought about getting one for years but just never pulled the trigger.

If you have one, is it tough and reliable?

Does it break virgin ground good?

TRIGGER

I would guess it all has to do with your soil. I tried just a disc on my Forman 500 around here with no luck. I had it adjusted so the back tires were barely touching the ground and rode around in circles for a long time and still had grass on top mostly. Too much rock around here.

BSK

Depends on your ground. Decent soil, they work OK, but not great breaking new ground. That's for much heavier equipment. Concrete hard rocky ridge-tops? It won't last more than a few days.

tellico4x4

Had one for 4-5 years & it did just okay. I bought it to do a few plots that were hard to access with equipment. Only way to break ground first time each year was to go over it 5-6 times, they are just not heavy enough to be very effective. Cultipacker was pretty wimpy as well.Where it was handy was for plot rework. If had plot failure due to drought or worms I could use it behind tractor to quickly replant by myself in front of rain, as ground had already worked one time. Never used it behind ATV, always on small tractor.

Bought it used here on TnDeer & sold it here as well.

BSK

I'd love to have a cultipacker around the 4-5 ft range. The plotmaster would be too much for what I need.
I'll probably buy one of the ATV pull-behind flip-over types by next spring. They're not as heavy as the three-point hitch tractor cultipackers, but I've heard they work fine for food plotting.

Snake

I would guess it all has to do with your soil. I tried just a disc on my Forman 500 around here with no luck. I had it adjusted so the back tires were barely touching the ground and rode around in circles for a long time and still had grass on top mostly. Too much rock around here.
You need some weight and I have my wheels not even touching the ground .

BSK

BigAl

BSK

This is something similar to what I have . But mine only has disks . It cuts decently but to get deeper you need a tractor or tiller .
If I were cultipacking tilled ground, I would want a big, heavy three-point hitch version. But I'm just looking for something that will increase seed to soil contact when broadcast seed into mowed and sprayed areas.

BigAl

If I were cultipacking tilled ground, I would want a big, heavy three-point hitch version. But I'm just looking for something that will increase seed to soil contact when broadcast seed into mowed and sprayed areas.
I have a tractor and Tiller so I need it for the same. Just don't want.anything that is to heavy or wide. Would be using it at home and at the club.

Latest posts