Please eliminate it

PillsburyDoughboy

It's part of the game so leave it alone. If a team wants to call timeouts before the kick so be it.
Its so annoying. I get sometimes you want to have a look at it and adjust. I sometimes wonder if it does not work out to the kickers advantage because he gets to go through the motions on a practice run. One will never know.

Gravey

Its so annoying. I get sometimes you want to have a look at it and adjust. I sometimes wonder if it does not work out to the kickers advantage because he gets to go through the motions on a practice run. One will never know.
Most people say kickers are fragile and by calling timeout gives them more time to think about it and freeze up. I'm sure somebody has statistics on it.

PillsburyDoughboy

Most people say kickers are fragile and by calling timeout gives them more time to think about it and freeze up. I'm sure somebody has statistics on it.
Probably why they are kickers and not playing another position where they are likely to get hit.

Spurhunter

"It's so annoying." Sounds like a 13 year old girl. Just admit it, an Auburn player said it's part of the game so you want it eliminated. If he'd said it shouldn't be allowed you'd say it's part of the game. You fool absolutely no one.

Mr.Bro

My idea would be let the kicker think your going to ice him. Then at the last second don't call time out. Last thing through his mind is. HEY THEY DIDNT CALL TIME OUT.. That's what you want. The kicker thinking of something other than the kick.

Hduke86

My idea would be let the kicker think your going to ice him. Then at the last second don't call time out. Last thing through his mind is. HEY THEY DIDNT CALL TIME OUT.. That's what you want. The kicker thinking of something other than the kick.
That's my way of thinking also. If I was a coach I would be in the kicker's vision and try to time it right. I would run down the sideline for no reason. Maybe he would see the coach away from sideline ref and think "he's not going to call timeout" and then run down the sideline at the snap and maybe toss him off his timing and game.

BMan

Icing the kicker has been a strategy for decades. Mind games are part of the larger overall game. Keep it.

Keep this crap up, within 10 years all football will be played by the animatronic characters from Chucky Cheese.

Trey13

Icing the kicker has been a strategy for decades. Mind games are part of the larger overall game. Keep it.

Keep this crap up, within 10 years all football will be played by the animatronic characters from Chucky Cheese.
I'm sure he is sitting there now waiting on the big show to start. Front row seats by the stage. Having a blast in the money machine with his mullet blowing in the wind.

Last edited:

PillsburyDoughboy

I'm sure he is sitting there now waiting on the big show to start. Front row seats by the stage. Having a blast in the money money with his mullet blowing in the wind.
Mullet no. I turn 59 this month am confident I have more and better hair than you do . :)

But hey the last time I was at Chucky Cheese they still had beer and the pizza and salad bar was pretty decent and had a blast with my friends kid in the ball pit so sign me up if that day comes. :)

Latest posts