Pleasant Surprise

TN Whitetail Freak

Well over the week i gained access to hunt about 350 acres for the 3 day velvet hunt only. I spent the week setting cams and hanging one loc on set today. Well it appears that i stumbled upon a farm with great antler potential and a new #1 for 2019 in that of the 7x6 Buck i filmed in the beans yesterday. I was excited. Well today i pulled a cam i set 4 days ago and i get a 6x5 that will equally share the #1 spot. Options options. I got 3 days to get it done and with 1 week on the property Ive narrowed it down pretty fast. I got the 7x6 pegged to a quarter acre pond hes bedded on. The 6x5 is narrowed down to a cove of beans.

tree_ghost

Man those boys have got a bunch of tines! You planning on getting aggressive or sitting back just a bit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TN Whitetail Freak

tree_ghost":3n1bmy3m said:
Man those boys have got a bunch of tines! You planning on getting aggressive or sitting back just a bit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im going in hard opening weekend but plan to glass from a 400+ yds the week leading up to it.

JCDEERMAN

Looks like you will be set up nicely! Perfect - yea, if you just have permission for those 3 days on the property, I'd get after them hard

Bull_TN

Drop me a pin? (Joking). But seriously, I hope everyone thinks hard about doing at least one hunt in the CWD zones. We hunters have the most to lose from CWD spreading throughout the state, and the only way we are going to slow CWD down is to hit those effected deer herds hard.

megalomaniac

I really like the shape of the first ones rack. Gl with him! Be good to the landowner, that spot will be good to you over the years if it stays in beans

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

TN Whitetail Freak

hit the same drainage today to try and get a better scope of where exactly they were bedding....down to the tree but ended up being limited by the terrain yet learning a little tid bit about the farm as far where I cannot post up in an observation sit. I did the best I could and an addition stepped out of the same drainage the other 2 bucks did with a few little guys in tow. So that makes for 3 good bucks laid up in this terrain feature for the summer.

Jaahspike

Andy S.":icmlzylc said:
Great bucks, best of luck with them.

Will you be hunting archery (outside of Unit CWD), or with MZer (Unit CWD)?

Are these areas listed on TWRA website?