Playoff poll

Bone Collector

As you all know, Ohio State fan. Agree on 1 and 2. As for 2 and 3, the winner of 1 vs. 3 will be 1 next week.

Vols fans, since this is your first time, remember Mississippi State. Enjoy tonight, but it's meaningless except to see who the Committee is propping up. The final rankings (December 6 I think) are what matter. Your season is decided this Saturday.

I knew a minute into this TV show who the Committee is propping up. Once they give the 20-25, you know what fix is in. The fix that's in is Clemson and Alabama. Texas, the only 3 loss team in the top 25. LoL. The only ranked win for you know who. And LSU? That's fraudulent. Tennessee (and Florida State, lol), already proved that. And Wake Forest, Syracuse, and NC State? What a joke. Surprised Notre Dame, Clemson's opponent this Saturday, wasn't the other 3 loss team in the top 25 (but my prediction is the Irish beat Clemson this Saturday, but we'll see). And USC lost to Utah who lost to UCLA, but USC is ranked ahead of UCLA. Can't make this up.

Feel sorry for TCU and Oregon, at least Oregon has a chance to move up depending on what happens above them given their remaining schedule. TCU is toast, but they've got that big game against powerful 23 Texas looming. If TCU wins by more than one point, do they move ahead of Alabama? Doubtful.

I love college football, but it's a F%$#&*@ joke when it comes to selecting a playoff.
They should have went to the 8-12 team playoff a while ago. Instead they are getting their money lined up before they make the change. who suffers? the kids playing and the fans, but they don't care.

If they expand the playoff it shouldn't be hard to rank the top 8-12 teams and from there, let them play and figure it out on the field. Honestly 8 is enough IMO. However they will need to either take a regular season game out or nix the conference championship game as with 8 teams, they will have to play 3 extra games to win a Natty.

Spurhunter

vols have only played one team with depth this season and that was ALABAMA and they barley skated by in that game. ALABAMA retains focus in the last 5 plays in that game and it would have been a whole different ending.
Have you ever heard the old saying "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt." Every time you come up with a new excuse for losing to
TENNESSEE you sound even more like a clown. Here's another old saying for you: "If ifs and buts were cousins and nuts the bammers would all have a merry Christmas."

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
Clemson has barely been getting by this much is true.

vols have only played one team with depth this season and that was ALABAMA and they barley skated by in that game. ALABAMA retains focus in the last 5 plays in that game and it would have been a whole different ending. Georgia will no doubt have the benefit of film of that game. Kirby Smart should just shift gears and put his offense on up tempo and force the vols to come out of the field not rested on every set of downs. Send out a fresh set of legs on each drive and wear them down on depth chart. If they keep the scoreboard close by halftime the game is theirs by the 4th quarter.

Look for the stacks to change this weekend. Depending on how bad Georgia beats the vols and how badly ALABAMA beats LSU I see a drastic shift at the top.

buckaroo

vols have only played one team with depth this season and that was ALABAMA and they barley skated by in that game. ALABAMA retains focus in the last 5 plays in that game and it would have been a whole different ending. Georgia will no doubt have the benefit of film of that game. Kirby Smart should just shift gears and put his offense on up tempo and force the vols to come out of the field not rested on every set of downs. Send out a fresh set of legs on each drive and wear them down on depth chart. If they keep the scoreboard close by halftime the game is theirs by the 4th quarter.

Look for the stacks to change this weekend. Depending on how bad Georgia beats the vols and how badly ALABAMA beats LSU I see a drastic shift at the top.
Take away our fumble at our 5 yd line and the game wouldnt be close

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled

You still cant accept the fact the VOLS hung 52 on bama. Just because it doesnt seem right doesnt mean it was a fluke. Dang bama fans need to get overthemelves and give credit where its due. IF we are giving "IFs" some weight , then if Tennessee didnt hand bama 7 points and IF the ref wouldve gotten the call right on 3rd and 25 when the alabama reciever pulled the UT defender down. Thats a 14 point gift. But IF a bullfrog had wings......................

You also spoke about depth and what it can do to TN . ALABAMA had the ball for 38 min compared to 22 min for TN . Tell me again how that tempo and t.o.p kills the vols. You dont get out much do you? The vols play tempo every single day in practice and if you think coach wont ask his defense to be in as good or better shape than his offense then i dont know what to tell you. Tenn is getting stronger each week.

In typical fashion , Every fan that hates TN says we are gonna find out this week. TN is gonna get stomped.... Well evry time TN beats those teams they resort to telling us how bad those teams really are or how they beat themselves and then they move on to the next team. Sooner or later youre bound to get it right and TN actually lose one but dont think it means they arent any good. This team is a solid team that has the capability to go all the way.

Last edited:

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
This gets lost in the shuffle a lot. What's the saying about statistics?

Here's my question, how many passing TDs have we given up of more than 20 yds?

Maybe 1? I honestly can't think of any.

This defense is vastly improved, and another factor that doesn't get mentioned is the defensive line is rotating 8 guys. We haven't had that kind of quality depth in years, and it's paying dividends late in games.
Yep. people talk about all the yards TN gave up against alabama. They also had the ball for 38 min of that game . So they actually had possession for 38 minutes and TN had it 22 minutes. Ofc teams should get some off stats when they have the ball 3 out of 4 quarters !!

Displaced_Vol

You still cant accept the fact the VOLS hung 52 on bama. Just because it doesnt seem right doesnt mean it was a fluke. Dang bama fans need to get overthemelves and give credit where its due. IF we are giving "IFs" some weight , then if Tennessee didnt hand bama 7 points and IF the ref wouldve gotten the call right on 3rd and 25 when the alabama reciever pulled the UT defender down. Thats a 14 point gift. But IF a bullfrog had wings......................

You also spoke about depth and what it can do to TN . ALABAMA had the ball for 38 min compared to 22 min for TN . Tell me again how that tempo and t.o.p kills the vols. You dont get out much do you? The vols play tempo every single day in practice and if you think coach wont ask his defense to be in as good or better shape than his offense then i dont know what to tell you. Tenn is getting stronger each week.

In typical fashion , Every fan that hates TN says we are gonna find out this week. TN is gonna get stomped.... Well evry time TN beats those teams they resort to telling us how bad those teams really are or how they beat themselves and then they move on to the next team. Sooner or later youre bound to get it right and TN actually lose one but dont think it means they arent any good. This team is a solid team that has the capability to go all the way.
Damn straight

deerdills

Alabummer has a great QB, take him out of the equation and they are a bottom tier team. With him playing, they lost to a "lower tier" team.

buckaroo

We've played the highest strength of schedule and undefeated, do you watch football?

Latest posts