Playoff poll

PillsburyDoughboy

Braxton Family Values Drinking GIF by WE tv

Mescalero

As you all know, Ohio State fan. Agree on 1 and 2. As for 2 and 3, the winner of 1 vs. 3 will be 1 next week.

Vols fans, since this is your first time, remember Mississippi State. Enjoy tonight, but it's meaningless except to see who the Committee is propping up. The final rankings (December 6 I think) are what matter. Your season is decided this Saturday.

I knew a minute into this TV show who the Committee is propping up. Once they give the 20-25, you know what fix is in. The fix that's in is Clemson and Alabama. Texas, the only 3 loss team in the top 25. LoL. The only ranked win for you know who. And LSU? That's fraudulent. Tennessee (and Florida State, lol), already proved that. And Wake Forest, Syracuse, and NC State? What a joke. Surprised Notre Dame, Clemson's opponent this Saturday, wasn't the other 3 loss team in the top 25 (but my prediction is the Irish beat Clemson this Saturday, but we'll see). And USC lost to Utah who lost to UCLA, but USC is ranked ahead of UCLA. Can't make this up.

Feel sorry for TCU and Oregon, at least Oregon has a chance to move up depending on what happens above them given their remaining schedule. TCU is toast, but they've got that big game against powerful 23 Texas looming. If TCU wins by more than one point, do they move ahead of Alabama? Doubtful.

I love college football, but it's a F%$#&*@ joke when it comes to selecting a playoff.

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
Says UGA SOS was ranked 75! Surprised to see Ohio state SOS was 20 spots better at the moment.

of course the 8-0 team with the #1 strength of schedule should be ranked #1. crazy a team that was told they hadn't played anyone 3 weeks ago has the #1 ranked sos
Last week their SOS was 85th and ohio state was 56th. IMO TCU shouldve been in front of clemson. Although the MI and OHIO STATE and the TN/GA will sort themselves out. BUT i do see TN as possibly the only team at this point that could take a loss and still not get knocked out of the top 4. Thats why i believe that #1 spot was important for TN going forward.

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
As you all know, Ohio State fan. Agree on 1 and 2. As for 2 and 3, the winner of 1 vs. 3 will be 1 next week.

Vols fans, since this is your first time, remember Mississippi State. Enjoy tonight, but it's meaningless except to see who the Committee is propping up. The final rankings (December 6 I think) are what matter. Your season is decided this Saturday.

I knew a minute into this TV show who the Committee is propping up. Once they give the 20-25, you know what fix is in. The fix that's in is Clemson and Alabama. Texas, the only 3 loss team in the top 25. LoL. The only ranked win for you know who. And LSU? That's fraudulent. Tennessee (and Florida State, lol), already proved that. And Wake Forest, Syracuse, and NC State? What a joke. Surprised Notre Dame, Clemson's opponent this Saturday, wasn't the other 3 loss team in the top 25 (but my prediction is the Irish beat Clemson this Saturday, but we'll see). And USC lost to Utah who lost to UCLA, but USC is ranked ahead of UCLA. Can't make this up.

Feel sorry for TCU and Oregon, at least Oregon has a chance to move up depending on what happens above them given their remaining schedule. TCU is toast, but they've got that big game against powerful 23 Texas looming. If TCU wins by more than one point, do they move ahead of Alabama? Doubtful.

I love college football, but it's a F%$#&*@ joke when it comes to selecting a playoff.
Sounds like youre thinking oregon should be ranked higher. They got smoked by 40 points. That alone is enough to keep them behind any 1 loss team that made a good showing. IMO it should be #4 michigan, #5 TCU #6 alabama #7 clemson.

*Ive watched clemson and they have just been barely getting by.

*I think LSU has progressed and started trending in the right direction as of the last 3 weeks but the rest of their season will let us know just how much.
TN has been improving alot since those first 3 or 4 games. Many are dragging that pass DEF because of the yardage they are giving up. But heres my speculation as to why its so bad

*TN has a fast offense that keeps their defense on the field alot.
*That defense has a very good rush def that makes opponents lean on their passing game
*The opponents generally play from behind and again lead to teams primarily throwing the ball against TN to the tune of an average of 44 times per game.
So yeah TN pass def is rated pretty bad but i think its a little skewed when you look at the things i listed.
All this being said, most of these rankings will work themselves out and as for TN/GA , Their playoff starts saturday !!

PalsPal

*The opponents generally play from behind and again lead to teams primarily throwing the ball against TN to the tune of an average of 44 times per game.
So yeah TN pass def is rated pretty bad but i think its a little skewed when you look at the things i listed.

This gets lost in the shuffle a lot. What's the saying about statistics?

Here's my question, how many passing TDs have we given up of more than 20 yds?

Maybe 1? I honestly can't think of any.

This defense is vastly improved, and another factor that doesn't get mentioned is the defensive line is rotating 8 guys. We haven't had that kind of quality depth in years, and it's paying dividends late in games.

chris1976

This gets lost in the shuffle a lot. What's the saying about statistics?

Here's my question, how many passing TDs have we given up of more than 20 yds?

Maybe 1? I honestly can't think of any.

This defense is vastly improved, and another factor that doesn't get mentioned is the defensive line is rotating 8 guys. We haven't had that kind of quality depth in years, and it's paying dividends late in games.
Check out our red zone defense. We really tighten up there

Mescalero

Sounds like youre thinking oregon should be ranked higher. They got smoked by 40 points. That alone is enough to keep them behind any 1 loss team that made a good showing. IMO it should be #4 michigan, #5 TCU #6 alabama #7 clemson.

*I think LSU has progressed and started trending in the right direction as of the last 3 weeks but the rest of their season will let us know just how much.
TN has been improving alot since those first 3 or 4 games. Many are dragging that pass DEF because of the yardage they are giving up. But heres my speculation as to why its so bad

*That defense has a very good rush def that makes opponents lean on their passing game
All this being said, most of these rankings will work themselves out and as for TN/GA , Their playoff starts saturday !!
Don't think Oregon should be ranked higher, but the exact same can be said for LSU that you said about Oregon. They got blown out AT HOME by Tennessee, have two losses (another to a bad Florida State), but are the highest ranked two loss team. Like LSU, Oregon has the game 1 blow out loss but have also been playing a lot better recently. My problem with the Committee's rankings are with Clemson at 4, TCU behind Alabama, and then the usual propping of teams that they always do, namely Alabama and Clemson, by how they ranked Texas, WF, NC State, Syracuse, and LSU to prop Clemson and Alabama.

After Alabama blows out LSU this Saturday evening, I bet the Committee ranks them ahead of Michigan next Tuesday (and Clemson will still be ranked ahead of Oregon, USC, and UCLA after they lose to ND this Saturday and they put ND somewhere in the 20-25 range to help prop up a top 10 Clemson).

But it will all work itself out and the final rankings will mirror identically what the BCS would have come up with as a final rankings. When the playoff expands to 12 teams, it will be even worse.

PillsburyDoughboy

Clemson has barely been getting by this much is true.

vols have only played one team with depth this season and that was ALABAMA and they barley skated by in that game. ALABAMA retains focus in the last 5 plays in that game and it would have been a whole different ending. Georgia will no doubt have the benefit of film of that game. Kirby Smart should just shift gears and put his offense on up tempo and force the vols to come out of the field not rested on every set of downs. Send out a fresh set of legs on each drive and wear them down on depth chart. If they keep the scoreboard close by halftime the game is theirs by the 4th quarter.

Look for the stacks to change this weekend. Depending on how bad Georgia beats the vols and how badly ALABAMA beats LSU I see a drastic shift at the top.

Attachments

• 6z93x0.jpg
    6z93x0.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 34

Latest posts