Pit access

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I love duck hunting.

When we decided to lease this was the scenario we THOUGHT we had.
Park trucks at the pin, ride / drive atv's along the red line to the edge of the field the pit is in.
Once the fields are flooded there is no driving in them. We knew that.
Guy that lives on the land said we have to drive along the bluish line because he don't want his yard rutted up.
The blue circle is the end of the public road.
The green spot is another pit that the landowner leases out on a daily basis and supposedly there are very few days anyone is in it.
access.JPG

After talking to the guy we leased from, this is the route we will be taking.
Super nice guy, already knew that, and was ALL OVER it when I contacted him about the issue.
He said this is how he used to go in when he hunted this pit.
This was the very first pit he hunted when he started hunting over there years ago and he told me again, this was a very good spot.

Maybe it won't be TOO bad.

accessfinal.JPG

Oh well gonna make the most out of it and kill as many as possible. LOL
We will eat good anyway regardless.

WilcoKen

I'd almost be tempted to keep a jon boat there and take it down that ditch. But with a 4 wheeler that doesn't look like too long of a ride (through the gumbo). I hope that spot pays off for your group. Jury is still out on our spot.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I'd almost be tempted to keep a jon boat there and take it down that ditch. But with a 4 wheeler that doesn't look like too long of a ride (through the gumbo). I hope that spot pays off for your group. Jury is still out on our spot.
It's basically a half mile.
Plus the little loop we gotta do at the end to get around that ditch.
Wish we had a bridge right there. LOL

Latest posts