Pictures from man's hunt today

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
We were supposed to leave yesterday afternoon but between my crap and man being sick we decided to stay home.
We decided we would wait till this morning and see how he felt.

I woke him up about 4 and he felt alot better so we left here about 4:30 and headed to Dickson.

Got there and stopped to get some snacks and got to the farm just after 6:30.

We took our time and eased up and around tree lines till we got to where we wanted to start.
Called a few times and just sat and watched.
We finally heard a gobble about 7:30 or so and it appeared to be heading towards our favorite spot on the farm.

I changed to my favorite mouth call and hit him again and he gobbled, closer to where I figured he was going.

We packed up and moved a little before 8:00.

Saw one deer, then 4 more deer.
Got set up and saw a coyote.
Shortly after that we had two jakes come out across the field and I called to them but they wanted nothing of it.
Finally about 9:45 or so man says, omg Dad, there are three gobblers.

I eased around and there was three big red heads staring at us.
They started towards us but moving to our left in a path that would lead them out of range.

I whispered they were jakes but it didn't matter to me and the way man was breathing it didn't to him either. :D

I called softly to them and turned them JUST enough that they were barely in range... barely.

Actually they were a little far but I felt man could pull it off, and he did.
Happy Happy Happy !!!!

4" beard and nub spurs.
juvypose_zps5a79125c.jpg

juvyturn_zps57653170.jpg

Since this was his last juvy hunt, I thought I would add a picture from his first juvy hunt. Makes me sad.

05dd6988.jpg

juvywalk_zps3894779a.jpg

juvypants_zps975a1ef7.jpg

juvyrock_zpsb29a787e.jpg

Wonderful morning, great time with man in the woods.
4 hours driving 3 hours hunting, great day.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
scn said:
Did you use the app to check it in? Any problems if you did?

Yep did it in the Shoney's parking lot.
Didn't have enough signal where we hunt.

The only "issue" I had was when it asked for what kind of confirmation I wanted, text or email, I clicked on email and then it locked up and never did anything else.

Far as I know I am legal though, I got that 118 digit number to write on the license.
I assume that is it ?

Orion6

Congrats! We had a blue million hens all over us this morning but the weather was weird. Hope I can get her out again tomorrow or next weekend.

scn

RUGER said:
scn said:
Did you use the app to check it in? Any problems if you did?

Yep did it in the Shoney's parking lot.
Didn't have enough signal where we hunt.

The only "issue" I had was when it asked for what kind of confirmation I wanted, text or email, I clicked on email and then it locked up and never did anything else.

Far as I know I am legal though, I got that 118 digit number to write on the license.
I assume that is it ?

Did it self-populate in his Hunter's Diary? If it isn't showing in there, it may not have gone through.

Latest posts