Pickwick Dam

gasman

I had some excitement yesterday at Pickwick Dam. As I was drifting from the dam back downstream, I noticed a man on the bank looking like he was having some trouble. I asked Sandy if he was hung up or fighting a fish. About that time he hollered at me and said he had a big fish and that it had spooled his reel. Before I could do anything his line was about neck high to me and over my boat. After I get clear of his line I asked him if he wanted to try to land the fish from the boat and he agreed that would be the only way to ever get it. So I pulled up to the bank and he hops on my boat. After another 45 minutes to an hour we land this massive Asian carp. (One less of them things to deal with) What makes this story so cool is that he had snagged this fish with a sabiki rig while catching skipjack from the catwalk. Keep in mind I picked him up about 1/2 way to the boat ramp. If you zoom in close on the carp, you will see he was snagged in 3 spots. Eyeball, behind dorsal fin, and in the tail. 33.0375 lbs 😂

After that I went back to fishing and ended up catching 12 (kept 10) eaters. Fun day on the river.

Attachments

• IMG_6157.jpeg
    IMG_6157.jpeg
    257.9 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0857.jpeg
    IMG_0857.jpeg
    231.2 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

Latest posts