Picked up a P/T job

TreyB

Re: Picked up a P/T job

What kind of pay does one make doing this if u don't mind me asking. Just curious bcse I know them boys work!

TreyB

Poser":1g4z4zei said:
TreyB":1g4z4zei said:
What kind of pay does one make doing this if u don't mind me asking. Just curious bcse I know them boys work!

$15-$20 an hour. Master butchers make a bit more.

Good PT $

Hawk

Good luck with your new career path. Will this be a new upscale grocery store or one that is changing their current marketing concept?

BamaProud

Be Careful...High Five.

missing-finger.jpg

;)

DaveB

A brief story about a Butcher, Mr. Stinovitz.

I grew up in Miami Fl and in a strip shopping center on NW 183rd and 7th ave was a Kosher butcher shop. I went in to ask for scraps for bait, i was just turned 13 and was barefoot, no shirt, had a metal bucket with me.

I was asked to step outside and the Butcher came out after a few minutes and told me to ride my bike around to the back of the store. So, I did and when I got there the Butcher was waiting. He asked me my name, where did I live, was I a member of a temple (Beth something), did I go to church, what religion, was my Mom married to my Dad, all in a very pleasant and conversational tone like he just wanted to know me. He asked if I knew any Jewish people and of course, I knew the twin Hassidic Boys from down on the corner and this Butcher knew that family. So after he was convinced I wasn't going to eat the scraps, he gave me some. Invited me to come by any time when I had shirt and shoes and he gave me a yarmulke only he didn't call it that and said to please wear it when entering his store.

I got scraps from that butcher for years. I went to his store when the 6-day war started, it was closed no signs nothing. When he re-opened he told me everyone was at Temple praying for victory. When I got drafted I went to the shop but it was gone, closed up.

Southern Sportsman

Looks like an awesome job for you, and man that butcher couldn't have possibly hoped for a better person to respond to a part time job add on craigslist.