Picked up a new gun

Food Plot 101

Bought this a while back while looking for a gun for my bro. He got tired of losing 2 "shooters" so he wanted to upgrade calibers. So I went to a small gun dealer and he had about 10 of these. Said they were a close out special, that they were discontinuing these. Showed the pics. to my bro. he bought one. Called my little cousin, he knew exactly what it was w/o looking at the pics, so he came down and got one. He got me with the "they're not making them anymore" :grin: Anyway, it's a 300 Win Mag., and just saying that brings back memories (painful)of shooting hot loads out of one when I was a kid. I don't think I'll be reloading, but if you fellas could recommend a good scope it would be appreciated.
641xk6h.jpg

6ew43g7.jpg

Food Plot 101

Chris, he was shooting a 30/30, which I refer to as the BB Gun. Just joking, I know they've killed plenty of deer, and I've killed several with one two years ago, but after losing 2 not only mature bucks, and from what my brother described as 200# deer, he's only going to squirrel hunt with it :) . I've helped him drag plenty of does out of the woods as we try to only harvest mature bucks, so the opportunities are few, so it was especially upsetting to him (and me) to wound 2 bucks in back to back years. He's an excellent shot too. One of the bucks was in the open edge of a field and the bullet never exited from a shoulder shot, blood just dripped a bit and dissappeared. The most recent was in thick cover and the 1st bullet knocked the deer off balance and the second didn't phase it. There was plenty of blood at point of impact and my brother swears both shots were shoulder shots. Again we ran out of blood. Anyway, sorry to ramble, just my .02

Latest posts