PGA In Trouble?

BMan

Been seeing a lot of press lately where the PGA has forbidden their members from competing in the LIV golf series, and some of them have jumped ship as a result. Latest defector was Phil Mickelson.

Thoughts?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Quit following it a few years ago when I had to quit playing.
Probably like everything else, follow the money.

Displaced_Vol

It's interesting for sure. I didn't know much about it but asked some of my friends that are way more into golf and there's something to it. I don't know if it's good or not I have my doubts, plus I have my doubts about the sustainability of it as a league but I kind of think it might be fun to watch it all play out. Is this the equivalent of the old USFL?

Spurhunter

Is this the equivalent of the old USFL?
I don't think so. This outfit appears to have unlimited funds and they are offering BIG money to a few of golf's biggest names to join. The problem I see is the ones that are committed. Only the most serious American golf fans will recognize most of the names. They are almost all international players. Most of them are rather boring in my opinion. Sergio is certainly exciting but he hasn't done much of anything in years. The big American names are Phil and DJ. And Phil is 50. As good as he is, his best years are behind him. Is anyone in the US going to be excited to watch Richard Bland, Ian Poulter, Martin Kaymer, Lee Westwood, Kevin Na, Graeme McDowell, Laurie Canter, Justin Harding, Sam Horsfield, Pablo Larrazabal, Adrian Otaegui, JC Ritchie, Bernd Wiesberger, Louis Oosthuizen, and Charl Schwartzel? I don't think so. But maybe they aren't catering to the American golf fan. Who knows?

Displaced_Vol

Patty Reed & DeChambeau signed up with LIV today. The real win they could get would be to steal away the up and coming guys. Maybe the ones getting ready to leave amateur golf and instead of going to PGA they go straight to LIV for a lot more money and a lot less grind. That could be trouble for PGA as a friend smarter about all this explained to me.

NICHOLS3

Take out the Masters and I dont really watch a lot of golf unless I bet on it..Honeslty I dont think LIV will last long unless some other big names make the move over and to pay these guys what they are paying them just to play win or lose is crazy.

SES

Greg Norman said Tiger Woods turned down a 9 figure contract to play in the LIV. Must be nice to be able to turn down 9 figures.

PillsburyDoughboy

lol

Attachments

• 287709607_3271371389809197_2371170354749181097_n.jpg
    287709607_3271371389809197_2371170354749181097_n.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 41

Specializedjon

My thought is I could care less. I play less than 5 times a year and it's typically fundraisers or work related. Never have watched it as it's boring to me. Enjoy playing but not my thing to watch.
^^^This is me too^^^

Kinda like watching bowling or darts....fun to play, sucks to watch it.

THEdonkey0515

I enjoyed going to the local driving range years ago pretending I was happy Gilmore. I had friends that was in to golf, They would get mad when I showed up in boots and blue jeans.

Besides that I've never paid any attention to it at all.

Latest posts