perennial plots .........

deerchaser007

How many of you guys are going to totally replant your perennial plots and how many of you are just gonna overseed??

My clover/chicory plot took alot of drought and heat this year. It started bad with spring drought,... came back alittle when it started raining some,.. but now is burnt to a crisp. Even the chicory looks bad with this last few weeks of drought and 100 degree weather. I'm really undecided at this point on what to do ,.. replant, fall oversow, or just wait til late winter and oversow it. The only thing for sure is 50 lbs of wheat is going in.

Boone 58

We are going to plant predominantly wheat as this always seems to do best overall. We will mix some oats, chicory and a mixture of durana patriot or advantage clover.....
Thinking of choosing some areas for some rape, kale and turnips.

AlabamaSwamper

I have a 1 acre plot that was lost. Imperial Clover too!

Will replant the whole thing (already been plowed) in Durana/Advantage Ladino/Redland Max and overseeded with oats and/or wheat. I'm gonna do 1/2 the field in Durana and the other 1/2 in Advantage to see which grows and gets ate the best. I'll put Redland Max on both areas.

Lost a small one but will not put it in perennial seed this year. Gonna be an annual field and I'm taking 2 other fields to replace it and sow the same mix as above.

Dry weather has hurt our chicory also. It ain't burnt but it don't look real good either. Course, the deer are hammering it also.