Pat Dye, now Johnny Majors

huntinkev

:( RIP Coach Majors

The last time I seen him was a few years ago at Florida game. I used to work the football games up there and they honored the 1956 team, which Majors played on. They set the players below in my section once they honored them before the game. I helped him to his seat and back up because the crowd was swarming him and crowding him. At halftime, he came back up and he stopped on walkway before entering the portal to go to concourse and he gave a rousing speech(Florida was whipping us 21-0 at halftime)....said he was on his way to the locker room to fire these boys up and if had to he would suit up himself and razal and dazel and he made some shuffle moves and then went on to concourse. He fired all the fans up in the area....and we came back and beat Florida that year (2016). He still had some spunk in him.

He truly had a passion and love for Tennessee football and he mentored a lot of young men, I know several that played for him and they all thought the world of him, he was tough but respected.

His Granddaughter, or maybe great Granddaughter, was murdered a few months ago while at College in NYC by some thugs that robbed and killed her.

Attachments

• 20160924_172336.jpg
    20160924_172336.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 405

wayne

Hard to believe he lived so long with that knife in his back.

I know some of you were wanting to say it.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Latest posts