Past movement data. 4 years in a row...

Bgoodman30

Remember, take notes and study past trail cam pictures during the rut.. 4 years in a row I have seen a different mature buck in the same spot at almost the same time...

3 times on Nov 11th and one time on Nov 12th. I have had a mature buck walk the same slight path in a slight draw into the wind to scent check doe bedding..

I made a shot last year on my PB buck but sadly no recovery... This year I actually got out of the stand and moved to other side because wind switched from NE to E... Only saw a glimpse of him..

3 years in a row once they went in they were never seen again... Hope its not 4..

UTGrad

Remember, take notes and study past trail cam pictures during the rut.. 4 years in a row I have seen a different mature buck in the same spot at almost the same time...

3 times on Nov 11th and one time on Nov 12th. I have had a mature buck walk the same slight path in a slight draw into the wind to scent check doe bedding..

I made a shot last year on my PB buck but sadly no recovery... This year I actually got out of the stand and moved to other side because wind switched from NE to E... Only saw a glimpse of him..

3 years in a row once they went in they were never seen again... Hope its not 4..

Did the PB buck survive?

Bgoodman30

Did the PB buck survive?

I have no idea.. Went to shot site to look for blood and found none. Peaked into bedding area where he went in and I bumped a buck.. No sign of him since.. Hindsight I wish I just left and never even looked for blood until the next morning but I have never had a MZ buck go more than 20..

DoubleRidge

Read an article once where a guy did the exact thing you speak of....multiple years in a row....and was successful....His suggestion was hunt the day before, day of and day after your mature buck sighting the following year.
I do have certain trail cam sights in certain travel corridors and have noticed certain days of daylight activity are more common from year to year....and these days correlate strongly with the rut....but one buck in particular was there three years in a row, same logging road, within a few days of each other year to year. Honestly i didnt pick up on it until reading the article and going back and looking. Interesting stuff.

Ski

Read an article once where a guy did the exact thing you speak of....multiple years in a row....and was successful....His suggestion was hunt the day before, day of and day after your mature buck sighting the following year.
I do have certain trail cam sights in certain travel corridors and have noticed certain days of daylight activity are more common from year to year....and these days correlate strongly with the rut....but one buck in particular was there three years in a row, same logging road, within a few days of each other year to year. Honestly i didnt pick up on it until reading the article and going back and looking. Interesting stuff.

Don Higgins "same time same place". It's uncanny accurate. I suspect it relates to a particular doe estrus cycle because in my experience it isn't relegated to one specific buck. I've got one spot where I've killed that buck then killed another same time same place the following year. It skipped a year then again this year I passed a really good one in that spot on that day. All three bucks were between 3pm and 4pm. Uncanny

DoubleRidge

Don Higgins "same time same place". It's uncanny accurate. I suspect it relates to a particular doe estrus cycle because in my experience it isn't relegated to one specific buck. I've got one spot where I've killed that buck then killed another same time same place the following year. It skipped a year then again this year I passed a really good one in that spot on that day. All three bucks were between 3pm and 4pm. Uncanny
I believe it....makes sense.

But in my case it was the same buck...not exact same day....but three years in a row within a few days of each other.

But we have certain stands or shooting houses that my confidence level is up certain days in November based off historical records of kills and sightings...maybe not every year....but most years you can bank on seeing daytime buck activity in these particular travel corridors or areas.

Bgoodman30

This is basically my strategy. Its remarkable these different mature deer do this every year almost to the hour.. Worked like a charm last year but I waited from 90 yards to 145 before I took the shot due to him walking between the trees and last row of corn standing.. This year in the same stand I panicked when I felt the wind shift and climbed down.. Wish I had just gambled and maybe caught him before he caught me... I couldn't believe it when I saw the mature frame at 3:15pm almost retracing the footsteps of the last 3..

Volbuck777

Killed him yesterday at 9:00 same day 1 year later

Attachments

• 3EB5E069-3A58-4F2C-AC7F-0D93DFBF2AC6.jpeg
    3EB5E069-3A58-4F2C-AC7F-0D93DFBF2AC6.jpeg
    320.4 KB · Views: 42

Bgoodman30

IMG_2654.jpeg
Here he is. The same mature buck I saw 11/11 another member spotted him Sunday afternoon. Recognizable by his dark coat and wide rack. Hopefully we can catch him in daylight…. I have personally never seen a mature buck past 11/12.

BSK

I love to see deer displaying these types of annual patterns! It is what fuels my obsession with collecting and analyzing data.

Bgoodman30

I love to see deer displaying these types of annual patterns! It is what fuels my obsession with collecting and analyzing data.

Not a pattern just the full 🌕 😉. I'm headed out to try and get him killed and break the cycle….

JN

I noticed the same thing when I started running more cameras and keeping them in the same area. I almost connected with one I have been tracking and I screwed up the hunt not paying attention and watching two squirrels fight it out. When I looked up he was at 25 yards staring right at me. Last year he retreated to the top of the mountain at the end of the season and I am hoping he does it again this year if someone hasn't already got him.

Anyway good luck with yours and hope you get him.

Latest posts