Panfish on a fly rod

WTM

i use the betts stuff. fairly cheap and i toss them when the bluegill chew them up. i need to restock a few vut here is basically what it use for mainly gills and black crappie when theyre sucking bugs.

mostly use the white foam bream getter but the black dry is real good when the black caddis hatch. i like the wooly worms too.

IMG_1303.jpeg

TnBob

i use the betts stuff. fairly cheap and i toss them when the bluegill chew them up. i need to restock a few vut here is basically what it use for mainly gills and black crappie when theyre sucking bugs.

mostly use the white foam bream getter but the black dry is real good when the black caddis hatch. i like the wooly worms too.

View attachment 179422
Those black ones with white legs are what I was talking about. Drop that anywhere near them and hang on!

WTM

Those black ones with white legs are what I was talking about. Drop that anywhere near them and hang on!
yeah the one to far left mimics a lake fly which hatch starting in late february to may. usually a zebra midge dropper in red is really good. it mimics the larvae stage which we call blood worms.

CATCHDAWG

I'd have to agree with a popper dropper setup. I usually start with a chartreuse popper and either a pink or green weenie for the dropper. I also usually trim back the rubber legs on poppers that have them because a lot of times they will bite at the legs instead of the body.

Latest posts