Ozonics

fairchaser

There is some science to it that makes sense. I would think it's best result would be in a shooting house or blind. But, the issue for me is the hassle. If I'm gonna monkey with that much extra gear it's gonna be video not ozonics. I think you still have to know and use the wind although it might give you an edge.

Crosshairy

I've heard of people having sinus issues and respiratory irritation from exposure to ozone, so I would avoid putting it in an enclosed area where you would be inhaling it for a while.

I assume that the principle behind it is that the unit is electrically creating ozone, which has an extra oxygen atom in the molecule that is free to attach itself to anything it can. Oxidizing things like sweat and body oils would cause their smell to lessen/be neutralized. It's the same principle behind using aerators in a wastewater treatment pond (well that, and to feed the "bugs" that are chomping down on the waste).

This is also why many hunting clothes can just be sat out in sunlight and air and will smell clean after a while. The new synthetic fabrics are pretty good at that, actually.

Winchester

Concept is good and I think treating clothes/equipment is most conceivable. Hanging a unit in the tree above you will do little to nothing with no way to treat the entire atmosphere around you. Like stated above enclosed in a blind/shooting house might do more for it.

TN Whitetail Freak

infoman jr.":30emvqka said:
I'd love to have a Scent Crusher unit to treat my clothing and gear. The science is valid.

I bought a cheap ozone veggies washer for $60 drilled a hole in my hunting tote, and now have me a scent crusher unit redneck style lol it definitely gets rid of the scent, I also use it on my smelly body armour

Vermin93

The science of ozone is proven and the technology is commonly used commercially because it works very well. Ozonics is a legit product with many satisfied customers. Our lease manager uses one in the field. To demonstrate its effectiveness for me he blew cigarette smoke (which I can't stand) into the air intake and the unit destroyed just about all of the smell. The big issue for me is the asking price.

I use a much less expensive ozone generator to deodorize and sanitize my clothes, gear, vehicle and house. It works very well, but it can't be used in the field like Ozonics. Ozonics runs on a battery and uses a fan to circulate air through the unit and direct the ozone past you and into your scent zone. Presumably, its more effective with relatively steady wind than swirling or frequently changing winds.

There are also potential health concerns from ozone exposure, but if the unit is deployed properly per the manufacturer's instructions I think those concerns could be mostly avoided.

csi-tech

arctic_cat":3n9n4swy said:
never heard of it until I just Googled it. Looks like another high $$ gimmick to me

Got to agree on this point. I have seen them on television just like many, many other gimmicks.

gobblinfool

I have been using mine for 5 years now. I have had numerous deer that have come in down wind that were clueless of my presence. You still have to play the wind.....but think about this, everytime you sit the wind is blowing somewhere and your presence is residually left behind....so deer coming thru are alerted to the fact that something was there that they don't recognize as being positive....so for me I believe it helps with future hunts as well as current hunts. My best friend was a skeptic till I sent him mine to use....now he has one, he is currently in Kansas hunting with it.

Ozone is used by people that flip houses to kill scent of smokers, animals etc....

It's not 100%, but I have seen far more animals in the past 5 years than ever before. I believe I have only gone out a couple times and not seen something.

Vermin93

Yep, looks like one of them thar gimmicky techno-contraptions. Sorta reminds me of that thar Thermeeecell contraption all them fancy TV fellers been usin'. They spect us to bleeve a walkee talkee stops skeeters?

catman529

I ordered an ozone generator off Ebay for about $25 or so. It doesn't have a fan but runs off 12 volts, and I have a 12 volt computer fan that I can hook up to it. I'm gonna rig it on top of a plastic tote and cut holes in the tote so it will blow air through the container and all the clothes inside. Hope it works. The unit is coming from China so I am still waiting for it to get here, should be soon.

lightsareout

TN Whitetail Freak":3l606p8m said:
infoman jr.":3l606p8m said:
I'd love to have a Scent Crusher unit to treat my clothing and gear. The science is valid.

I bought a cheap ozone veggies washer for $60 drilled a hole in my hunting tote, and now have me a scent crusher unit redneck style lol it definitely gets rid of the scent, I also use it on my smelly body armour

I'm thinking of building something similar this off season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImThere

They work. The science is valid. If you want to breathe it yourself is a personal choice. I plan on running one in my truck tote and my hunting closet. The one that plugs in to your cigarette lighter will rid your truck of oder in no time flat

Sent from my
Sit drag, Ernie's outdoors linesman belt,
At 20' up

Riverday

Just get you a can of Nose Jammer and leave all that other stuff at home...Nose Jammer is great stuff....

Latest posts