Outback Bowl in Raymond James Stadium

baddnole

The Tennessee Volunteers and the Northwestern Wildcats are set to face off in the Outback Bowl on New Year's Day at 11 a.m. in Tampa, Fla.

Even if you aren't a fan of the Vols or 'Cats you should have a rooting interest in this game because the Outback restaurant chain is going to give away free appetizers nationwide on Jan. 2 based on the winner of the game.

If the Vols win, fans can get a free Bloomin' Onion. If Northwestern wins, free Coconut Shrimp appetizers will be given away to fans that say "Outback Bowl" to their servers.

This year marks Outback's fourth-annual nationwide appetizer giveaway based on the outcome of the game. Bloomin' Onions were given away in 2013 and '14, while the Coconut Shrimp won out when Wisconsin defeated Auburn last season.

Of course, there are the usual disclaimers in the officlal release from Outback:

Valid with any purchase on 1-2-2016 only. While supplies last. Prices, product participation and restaurant hours may vary by location. Not valid with other discount, coupon or offer.

So if you are planning to head Down Under for dinner on Jan. 2, make sure you know which team won the bowl game so you can get free food.

Personally, I prefer the Bloomin' Onion over the Coconut Shrimp.

Make sure to visit the Pirate Ship inside the Stadium

baddnole

6_4105199.jpg

mtn cur

Spurhunter":3bhz8a06 said:
Are bloomin onions the same thing as mountain curs? Never mind. That's bloomin idiots. Sorry. :tu:
63802539.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PalsPal

BTW, speaking of Outback. I haven't been to one on years. It seemed that the quality of food and service slipped. Does that still hold true. Anyone been to one lately?

Vermin93

Well, this settles it. Coconut shrimp are way better than a stupid fried onion, so go Wildcats!!!

On a related note, I am STILL waiting for cur to admit that he's pulling for Northwestern and Notre Dame in their bowl games.

Spurhunter

PalsPal":266mlnvd said:
BTW, speaking of Outback. I haven't been to one on years. It seemed that the quality of food and service slipped. Does that still hold true. Anyone been to one lately?

The only complaint I had is their baked potatoes used to be the best. Now they got healthy and use olive oil instead of butter and they suck. When I go out to eat I want good food. I can eat healthy the rest of the week. The other food was still great.

Vermin93

PalsPal":1d8h4k7l said:

In recent years I have developed a strong dislike for these national casual chain restaurants like Outback. I'm just sick of seeing them everywhere and I think they've become a scar on the land. These days I go out of my way to eat at local restaurants or at least smaller, local chains.

I don't dislike national chains like Outback, Applebee's, Friday's, Red Lobster, Olive Garden and Chili's as much as I dislike SEC football, but it's close. [emoji6]

Mudbone

Vermin93":2rx4s72v said:
Well, this settles it. Coconut shrimp are way better than a stupid fried onion, so go Wildcats!!!

On a related note, I am STILL waiting for cur to admit that he's pulling for Northwestern and Notre Dame in their bowl games.
Right... You sure it doesn't have anything to do with the vols being an sec team.

I've got a feeling cur will be pulling for the vols (sec) and Ohio state, (because they are in a conference).

baddnole

Mudbone":18b5a6we said:
Vermin93":18b5a6we said:

Right... You sure it doesn't have anything to do with the vols being an sec team.

I've got a feeling cur will be pulling for the vols (sec) and Ohio state, (because they are in a conference).

Conference or not ,I'm pulling for Notre Dame over ohio st.
5 games a year almost makes them ACC. :tu:
Congrats to Notre Dame on selling all their tickets Vermin. Maybe now y'all can get o st.tickets also.

http://www.bcsn.tv/news_article/show/589957

Vermin93

Mudbone":3ec6k4zu said:
Vermin93":3ec6k4zu said:

I like onions a lot, but I have to question the wiring of anyone who doesn't prefer shrimp to onions.

cur's disdain for the Vols has been apparent for a while. cur has yet to disclose why he doesn't like them, although I think it might be because of something that happened in childhood.

It's also evident that cur doesn't care much for the Big Ten+4 since they've essentially become the primary rival to the SEC, which he seems to adore as a football institution (except for the Vols).

Spurhunter

Vermin93":3eqt8ti1 said:
cur's disdain for the Vols has been apparent for a while. cur has yet to disclose why he doesn't like them, although I think it might be because of something that happened in childhood.

I'm telling you Butch Jones took his lunch money everyday. Probably took his girlfriend too. Some wounds never heal I suppose. :tu:

Latest posts