Opinions from Vol fans

PalsPal

TeamMainStreet":3i9x2nmo said:
Cant think of the guys name but he is or was a walk on with the team. They did a story on him about him having diabetes. He seems like a good guy. His dad played football for Bama. He also plays baseball for Bama and maybe even played pro baseball before walking on at Bama. Cant remember the name. Help me out Bammers.

Anyway, yeah it was a late hit that got the flag thrown and Kamara was slow to get up and limped all the way across the field back to the TN sideline.

I have seen the rumors.

The hit, while late, wasn't dirty imo. Kamara was going down the sideline, saw the guy coming and veered OOB before contact. I'm sure the guy had already committed to the hit and couldn't change his momentum.

He did play after that, so I seriously doubt it's torn.

huntinkev

Gravey":gxitmjb4 said:
I was there and kept asking 3 things:

1. Why keep trying Hurd up the middle?
2. Why not play Kamara more?
3. Why are we trying to make Dobbs a drop back passer instead of moving him outside of the pocket since he throws better that way?

A guy I work with went to Michigan State and told me last year when UT hired Debord it was a mistake. I asked why and he said when he was at Michigan he didn'tt know his butt from a hole in the ground when it comes to play calling. Apparently he was right.

I was there also. All of us in my section were asking the same things, where is Kamara, why do we keep trying to ram the ball up the middle. Alabama has speed, we needed speed. I just don't understand it. Hurd for 2 dives up the middle and then on 3rd and 8 we throw a 2 yard screen pass to a guy that is covered up. That happened too many times.

The game stats..Kamara touched the ball 12 times. 8 on rushes, 2 on passes, 2 on punt returns...I think that is correct ratio. He should have had at least 18-20 touches on offense, I felt he earned and deserved that from his A&M play.

I think Debord is a bad coach and to inconsistent, I think I voiced my displeasure at the hire. He was a swimming coach for a reason. Yea, he called a good game at A&M, I give him credit for that...even a blind squirrel finds a nut every so often. He has a couple of good games in him in a year. But more times than not, he leaves you scratching your head after a game and asking what were we doing on offense.

I think Butch need to hire a good OC and let him run it the way he wants to.

TeamMainStreet

PalsPal":pq7z3cu3 said:
TeamMainStreet":pq7z3cu3 said:
Cant think of the guys name but he is or was a walk on with the team. They did a story on him about him having diabetes. He seems like a good guy. His dad played football for Bama. He also plays baseball for Bama and maybe even played pro baseball before walking on at Bama. Cant remember the name. Help me out Bammers.

Anyway, yeah it was a late hit that got the flag thrown and Kamara was slow to get up and limped all the way across the field back to the TN sideline.

I have seen the rumors.

The hit, while late, wasn't dirty imo. Kamara was going down the sideline, saw the guy coming and veered OOB before contact. I'm sure the guy had already committed to the hit and couldn't change his momentum.

He did play after that, so I seriously doubt it's torn.

Yea he played after that but only had 4 runs and one pass catch after. I dont think it was a dirty hit either. He could have played if it is torn though. Gilliam played half a season on one.
What Im trying to say for all of those asking about Kamara is this factored in to why he didnt get more touches.

TreyB

TeamMainStreet":37bfs89g said:
https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/report-alvin-kamara-dealing-with-multiple-knee-injuries

Reporting LCL with miniscus damage. He done.

Big blow! But the remaining schedule work out for TN to go without him if needed.

Just seems like yesterday everyone was pumped about Hurd running 150mph on a treadmill and now he is the one TN fans really doesn't want in the game as the AP back. :stir:

huntinkev

great. that makes 14-15 on the year, we were missing 11 starters at start of bama game. Is this just a string of really bad luck or is our strength and conditioning program not up to par or a little of both? I know our strength coach is an interim. We need a top notch s&c staff.

TeamMainStreet

huntinkev":176wagxj said:
great. that makes 14-15 on the year, we were missing 11 starters at start of bama game. Is this just a string of really bad luck or is our strength and conditioning program not up to par or a little of both? I know our strength coach is an interim. We need a top notch s&c staff.

Personally, I dont think you can pin concussions, late hits out of bounds, an ankle getting twisted in the turf or rolled upon by another player on S&C. Pulled muscles and such, yes. So id say its a a combination of both.

TeamMainStreet

And oh yeah, Jack Jones had surgery on his thumb yesterday so he will probably still play but will be sporting a club.

TeamMainStreet

TreyB":1kw6ria6 said:
TeamMainStreet":1kw6ria6 said:
https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/report-alvin-kamara-dealing-with-multiple-knee-injuries

Reporting LCL with miniscus damage. He done.

Big blow! But the remaining schedule work out for TN to go without him if needed.

Just seems like yesterday everyone was pumped about Hurd running 150mph on a treadmill and now he is the one TN fans really doesn't want in the game as the AP back. :stir:

Whatever was said, it dont really matter now. Hurd will get the carries.

PillsburyDoughboy

huntinkev":ncevgy42 said:

It's been reported that Vols strength coach makes high 5 figures where ALABAMA Strength Coach makes high 6 figures.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TeamMainStreet

PillsburyDoughboy":ol0raiqq said:
huntinkev":ol0raiqq said:

It's been reported that Vols strength coach makes high 5 figures where ALABAMA Strength Coach makes high 6 figures.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well I guess that is great for him then.

TeamMainStreet

And then theres this.......

Interesting....Butch Jones said yes he's banged up. Yet, he went on to say some of the news being reported on Kamara - is news to Kamara

TeamMainStreet

And this. I dont see it happening really but I guess hes thinking about it.

Rocky Top News ‏@rockytop_news 8m8 minutes ago
#Vols' LB Jalen Reeves-Maybin says there is still a chance he takes a redshirt, and comes back another season

TreyB

TeamMainStreet":3habmbje said:

#Vols' LB Jalen Reeves-Maybin says there is still a chance he takes a redshirt, and comes back another season

Nuts if he does...

TeamMainStreet

TreyB":2pbu1xrw said:
TeamMainStreet":2pbu1xrw said:

Nuts if he does...

I agree really.

PalsPal

But, he would probably have one of those insurance policies that would cover him if injured to the point of affecting future earnings, and he could possibly improve his draft status with another year. Hard decision.

Concerning Bama's S&C guy's salary, everyone knows that the majority of it is hush money to keep him quiet about all of the illegal stuff he's pumping in players during the off season and who-knows-what under that tent on the sideline :stir: ;) !

There's a reason Bama players lose a lot of bulk once they get to the NFL!

bowhunterfanatic

Spurhunter":2ugaelhz said:
How many times did we run Hurd up the middle for a loss or no gain? Did Debord not see the A&M game with Kamara running to the outside? Did you see the first or second play of the game where Hurd was the lead blocker and Kamara ran for 8 yards? They never ran that play again. I don't understand. When you know your O Line can't open holes inside, running up the middle just exposes them. Is Debord an idiot or is Butch calling the plays?

Debord was undeniably awful in the game against Bama, but no OC in the country could've called plays successfully with that O-line getting utterly dominated every single play. Debord's playbook was probably 1/4 it's normal size after all the injuries. Alabama has/had so much speed on the edges it wouldn't have matter if we ran inside, outside, forward or backward. With the porous offensive line nothing we were going to do would work.

THEdonkey0515

Kamara is out 2-4 weeks maybe longer may be done. rumor is it was on the late hit out of bounds against the bammers.

Also heard the play calling with handing the ball off up the middle over & over for no gain was because Dobbs had been sacked 3 times with the replacement freshman Olinemen in the game. Most pass plays went out the window. They was already down They just didn't want there QB hurt & added to there long injury list they wanted to make sure he was healthy to finish 10-2 and a chance for Atlanta... Also the reason Dobbs didn't keep any of the hand offs he usually does.

Mjramsey1

It was like we kept trying to set something up but we forgot to run our "special" play after cramming up the middle repeatedly. Kind of like the old Chavis defense where we give a 7 yard cushion until our brains got beat in, never changing until it was too late.