Opinions from Vol fans

gator-n-buck

TreyB":3fedbxkb said:
TeamMainStreet":3fedbxkb said:
https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/report-alvin-kamara-dealing-with-multiple-knee-injuries

Reporting LCL with miniscus damage. He done.

Big blow! But the remaining schedule work out for TN to go without him if needed.

Just seems like yesterday everyone was pumped about Hurd running 150mph on a treadmill and now he is the one TN fans really doesn't want in the game as the AP back. :stir:

Was that on here that we read that and he was compared to LF??? I got dogged out because I pointed out that LF was a better back..... :tu:

SC Manimal

That was a bad game. UT played awful and we all questioned some of the calls. Good news is we lost to the best team in the country. We are 5-2 and will probably still win 10 games which was the realistic goal. This team is the most frustrating and exciting I have ever watched. We beat Florida and Georgia!!!! The wheels haven't fallen off yet.

Scioto

gator-n-buck":1y7wa7pp said:
buckaroo":1y7wa7pp said:
Who knows who is the better back, Hurd probably has more yards so yeah

The NFL draft next year will probably answer the debate.... :)

Yep, Elliott better than Henry in NFL eyes. Imagine that and he never played against any good teams. :lol:

buckaroo

buckaroo wrote:

There seems to be some NFL busts, some college teams have better lineman making the backs look better than they are.

TeamMainStreet

farmin68":n7g7ghr5 said:
BamaProud":n7g7ghr5 said:
Bottom line is any coach employed at a top tier div1 school didn't get there by being an idiot.

Can you please explain Derek Dooley? :tu:

Fell from the Nick Saban tree and hit every limb on the way down.

BamaProud

farmin68":1w5ubq9a said:
BamaProud":1w5ubq9a said:
Bottom line is any coach employed at a top tier div1 school didn't get there by being an idiot.

Sure. There are somewhere around 300 Million people in the US (how many adults are there in the US) who are not as successful as a head coach at a Major div1 University. That puts him in pretty elite company. Now he's gainfully employed as a WR coach for the Cowboys(also collecting a check from TN I think). Tennessee found who they hope to be a better coach.

To say any person that has been able to land a div1 head coaching job is a bad coach is like saying is like saying that the worst QB to win a Superbowl is a bad Quarterback. Dooley(and from a Bammers perspective, Mike Shula, Dennis Franchoni) may not be top 10 or even top 100 coaches, but they aren't bad in the overall scheme of things. I wish I was good enough to make millions from coaching a football team.

TreyB

BamaProud":sijqsbdr said:
farmin68":sijqsbdr said:
BamaProud":sijqsbdr said:

Sure. There are somewhere around 300 Million people in the US (how many adults are there in the US) who are not as successful as a head coach at a Major div1 University. That puts him in pretty elite company. Now he's gainfully employed as a WR coach for the Cowboys(also collecting a check from TN I think). Tennessee found who they hope to be a better coach.

To say any person that has been able to land a div1 head coaching job is a bad coach is like saying is like saying that the worst QB to win a Superbowl is a bad Quarterback. Dooley(and from a Bammers perspective, Mike Shula, Dennis Franchoni) may not be top 10 or even top 100 coaches, but they aren't bad in the overall scheme of things. I wish I was good enough to make millions from coaching a football team.

:pop:

gator-n-buck

OHVATN":2vfnkoiw said:
gator-n-buck":2vfnkoiw said:
buckaroo":2vfnkoiw said:

Yep, Elliott better than Henry in NFL eyes. Imagine that and he never played against any good teams. :lol:

Probably the reason the NFL went that route. Less wear and tear on the body..... Hope you can play along.... :poke: :rotf:

Of course the Cowboys over looked Elliott's pattern of behavior problems in college. Now we are talking about the Cowboys. Elliott is a good back and I guess it's a good thing that he didn't choose his parents former college (Mizzo).... :tu:

Im sure Henry will let him hold his Heisman Trophy... :)

gator-n-buck

buckaroo":3w12n5yf said:
buckaroo wrote:

There seems to be some NFL busts, some college teams have better lineman making the backs look better than they are.

Back on the subject of Hurd. There's a good chance that he will be back at UT next year. The RB class coming out will be deep this year and as of now, Hurd is probably a mid-rounder.

Scioto

gator-n-buck":2gi9i7fh said:
PalsPal":2gi9i7fh said:
gator-n-buck":2gi9i7fh said:
Back on the subject of Hurd. There's a good chance that he will be back at UT next year.

Nope, not a chance ;) !

I guess if he can except being drafted in the 4th or 5th round. You will be correct.

ACCEPT!!!! Come on man! Football players, sheesh.

Latest posts