One of my Pumkin pies went bad

DaveB

Mold on my pie. Never had this before.

Looked it up, seems like freeze them or lose them after 3 or 4 days, this one was baked Wednesday.

My Wife said it wouldn't hurt to eat it, I ought to increase her life insurance. We tossed it.

There is about one serving of apple pie left. Not enough turkey to make a sammich. 22 pound bird.

DaveB

Yep, I hate wasting food. However, I thought I had ruined the two pies by over cooking......but instead, they came out super good. I hate pumpkin pie but I had two pieces of the first one.

You know cooking time is extended when you have more than a single pie in the oven but this went instead of 40 minutes nearly 65 and still liquid then at 73 minutes the crust started to burn and the flesh was firmed up even before the heat came off. I figured we would be trashing them both but that was not the case.

Anyway, I have never had any of my baking go to mold. As my Wife said, next time they go in the freezer. I wil get those wax paper squares or the cupcake cuip-like things for pie and slice the pies and then freeze them.

Latest posts