Old Hickory blind 102

AveryPC

Our group was drawn for Old Hickory blind 102 Unit 1. Only issue is when I look the blind up on OnX and the TWRA app I get two different locations. Also, on an old map I have from the in person draw it is at the location shown on OnX. Has it been moved? Does anyone have any experience around this area of the lake, closest I have hunted to it is 89? Looking forward to it no matter how good it is and where it is located, but just thought it was odd.

Attachments

• Screenshot (7).png
    Screenshot (7).png
    359 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot (6).png
    Screenshot (6).png
    301.1 KB · Views: 100

jkelley429

Not sure about this blind specifically but most of the blind pins on OnX are pretty far off from their actual locations. TWRA app is generally pretty accurate.

Polarkraft

TWRA has adjusted sites over the years. Trust their site. As for 102. It's pretty slow on that area of the lake, I live about half a mile as the crow flies from where it is. Best case scenario for it is super cold weather and passing geese. The river can get nasty in that bend so bring a capable boat

AveryPC

TWRA has adjusted sites over the years. Trust their site. As for 102. It's pretty slow on that area of the lake, I live about half a mile as the crow flies from where it is. Best case scenario for it is super cold weather and passing geese. The river can get nasty in that bend so bring a capable boat
I kind of figured that was the case from my experience with the blinds around Cairo but was hoping there was something I didn't know 😂. Either way it beats blind hopping.

Realtree56

Any of y'all know anything about unit 1 site B? Was near the bottom of my list but we got it, and happy to finally get drawn for one

Realtree56

River blind right near bridge. Not too good unless food holes freeze. But its a blind and you can have some good breakfasts and hang out.
What I was afraid of, had most of the blinds in backwaters in that area higher in my picks, but we ended up with that one… I know a couple of years ago the blind we drew at AEDC still had a blind standing even though it was supposedto have been torn down the prior season, any still standing on old hickory?

AveryPC

What I was afraid of, had most of the blinds in backwaters in that area higher in my picks, but we ended up with that one… I know a couple of years ago the blind we drew at AEDC still had a blind standing even though it was supposedto have been torn down the prior season, any still standing on old hickory?
According to the website there is a fair condition blind on-site.

BigRed1080

Here is a link to see what TWRA says the status is statewide.

TWRA Blind/Crop Status

steelshot

Our group was drawn for Old Hickory blind 102 Unit 1. Only issue is when I look the blind up on OnX and the TWRA app I get two different locations. Also, on an old map I have from the in person draw it is at the location shown on OnX. Has it been moved? Does anyone have any experience around this area of the lake, closest I have hunted to it is 89? Looking forward to it no matter how good it is and where it is located, but just thought it was odd.
I hunted 102 some last year. Saw mostly geese later in the year. Did get a couple ducks. It's almost right across from 101. Very short boat ride from the steam plant ramp. As stated below make sure you have a capable boat. The current can be strong through there. You can pull your boat behind it. If you hop to 99 around the corner be careful. There was rebar right under the water off the point. I almost had a bad day that morning. Good thing is the water is shallow enough you can walk out in front of it pretty far at 102.

AveryPC

I hunted 102 some last year. Saw mostly geese later in the year. Did get a couple ducks. It's almost right across from 101. Very short boat ride from the steam plant ramp. As stated below make sure you have a capable boat. The current can be strong through there. You can pull your boat behind it. If you hop to 99 around the corner be careful. There was rebar right under the water off the point. I almost had a bad day that morning. Good thing is the water is shallow enough you can walk out in front of it pretty far at 102.
Thanks for the info, especially about the rebar😳. Is 99 worth hopping to some mornings?

Latest posts