Ok, who on here...

TheAirMan

is going to be the first to try those $200 a dozen arrows from Carbon Express. I can tell you one thing. It sure as crap isn't going to be me.

CZ284

I bought some made up maximas last year and about passed out to pay somethng like 120 a dozen for them. That was my firs experience with carbon shafts. No way I'm spending $200.

I just switched to a release and peep after many years of aluminum, fingers and what a transition that's been.

The guys at Sportsman's Warehouse here in Memphis are pretty knowledgeable, some are older guys that have a lot of experience, one is even a former olympic judge in archery. They're telling me the Gold Tip is a very good arrow and a whole lot more reasonable.

On the weight forward shafts, I found I had to go with a lighter broadhead to get it to paper tune. They said they're seeing that a lot since the weight distribution is so much different in those shafts. I can say though that they're tough. I killed 3 deer and two dogs with them, and only one shaft broke, but that's because it went through the off side shoulder of a doe I killed last year. Three of the kills were with the same shaft, and it's still in my quiver ready for this season.

Toxophilite Phil

I do know that Carbon Express makes a heck of an arrow. My first experience with carbon that is what I was shooting The CE Terminator shaft. I shot the same arrow and used it to take 7 animals. On the seventh ,a groundhog, I lost the shaft. He took it in the hole with him. I do know you get what you pay for.

Radar

I have used Carbon Express Maxima Hunters , CX , and Terminators , and I have found Easton St Epics to be a more durable and just as accurate shaft for less money .

JayMc

Not me. If I was shooting competitive FITA I could see buying high dollar Nanos, but not for a hunting arrow.

I'm a big fan of Easton Axis. When they discontinued the regular Axis at the beginning of this year I bought a "few" extra dozen. I shouldn't need hunting arrows for 5 or 6 years. :D

I like the ST Epics, but the Axis shoot better with my hunting setup.

bowriter

R.I.P.
No arrow is worth $200 a dozen. Prove to me how a $16 dollar arrow is worth more than case of beer? You can only shoot so accurately. The human error-you-and your bow negate any advantage a $16 arrow may have.

(Sorry Lennie, this deal sucks)

richmanbarbeque

bowriter said:
No arrow is worth $200 a dozen. Prove to me how a $16 dollar arrow is worth more than case of beer? You can only shoot so accurately. The human error-you-and your bow negate any advantage a $16 arrow may have.

(Sorry Lennie, this deal sucks)

I know in my case this is true. I still can't shoot as good as my bow, let alone my arrow.

Trapper John

I've been shooting the same Easton A/C/C arrows for about 5 years. A few are from the original dozen I bought back in 2000. No need for new ones. Especially for $200.

Latest posts