Oak ridge quota hunt

BubbaGoneWild

Welp I got the email last nite that they're canceled again this year. šŸ˜  2 years in a row I've been drawed and they get canceled. So stupid. There is no being around anybody out there unless you are at the check station so all they had to say Is if you come to the check station please wear your mask. BOOM problem solved ya idiots

CrossVolle

There's something up. For us East Tennessee dwellers those are the premier hunts in the area. It's very unfortunate..

On the bright side, that stud that jumped my string the last time we could hunt it is probably 160+ now. šŸ˜‚

BubbaGoneWild

There's something up. For us East Tennessee dwellers those are the premier hunts in the area. It's very unfortunate..

On the bright side, that stud that jumped my string the last time we could hunt it is probably 160+ now. šŸ˜‚
I have a buddy that works out there and they find huge sheds and dead heads all the time. Found one back in the summer that was in the 170s ill get pics and post. He said there's one in the same area that's bigger.

mike243

Yet they still let the hikers and bicycle riders run on a bunch of land they control, I suspect those propertys will be turned over soon so they don't have to deal with it. when they closed Bethel Valley to traffic the number of deer/car accidents declined, add in the tree huggers that hate hunting and it is doomed for future hunts imo. But be some big arse deer if they do have the hunt again lol. hope I aint crippled up so bad I cant hunt it, building points and may end up at PI in 15-20 years lol

akachuck

Hmmmm based on y'all's comments I just may have to put in for a hunt in oak ridge lol. That's if they have another one, shoot it's only down the road from meā€¦ EVEN BETTER!!

Kirk

Probably 35-40 years ago, when they first opened Oak Ridge to quota hunts it was wort of like PI. There were some real studs that came out of there.

Chickencoop96

Welp I got the email last nite that they're canceled again this year. šŸ˜  2 years in a row I've been drawed and they get canceled. So stupid. There is no being around anybody out there unless you are at the check station so all they had to say Is if you come to the check station please wear your mask. BOOM problem solved ya idiots
that's government for ya. sorry to hear that man

EJ1

I have 12 points now and have been waiting on PI for the second time. My first hunt there was in the prime and a great hunt.
Since the island has done down hill Oak Ridge might be an option at a really good deer since it won't be hunted at all for 2 years.
Got 10 months to think about it.

RS

I have 12 points now and have been waiting on PI for the second time. My first hunt there was in the prime and a great hunt.
Since the island has done down hill Oak Ridge might be an option at a really good deer since it won't be hunted at all for 2 years.
Got 10 months to think about it.
I'm in the same boat. I will see how this next hunt goes at PI and make my decision for next year.

Latest posts