Nwtf show Nashville.

Big Dawg

Ive been working a booth there and met tons of nice people.....and I cleaned up on some guns in the auction and raffles....its been a great weekend. I bought a lottery ticket on my way home.

String Music

REN said:
yeah man i was IN LOVE with the maple slate he had out....if I could have just gotten something going with the striker I was IN without a doubt.

I am sorta kicking myself now because I have 20 strikers at home that I am sure would have worked great on it but I just didnt like or want the 2 piece he had. The DH slate i ended up with is fantastic as well and IMO had a slightly better sound but it is a tad rough around the edges. The lonzo LOOKS more custom and hand made...it just had a look that kept me coming back to his table.

David ended up giving me the Laminate slate and a 1 piece persimmon striker i liked all for $50 so it was a win either way.

Like i said i still may end up with 1, they are the same price on his website as they were there so i didnt miss a crazy deal.

Have you played the White Oak Slate from Lights Out? I'm curious how they compare. I'm not a big slate guy, but I'm thinking about adding one to the vest.

Also, I played one of Derby City's slates and was shocked at how good it sounded. In fact, it might have been the best sounding slate I played.

String Music

muddyboots said:
Today wasnt bad crowded. I came out with david hallorhan crystal mistress. I just couldnt leave it.

I almost pulled the trigger on that call. I'm not a crystal guy, but dang did it sound good! Maybe it was just the blonde that was playing it...

REN

Sting, I have not but that is prob the one I will get. IMO there is not a better call in the woods for soft calling then a good slate. I like glass and aluminum but slate is my go too call to be soft and quite

I also agree that I am not a crystal guy, just don't care for the smooth surface. Much more of a blasted glass guy.

Latest posts