Nwtf show Nashville.

Big J

I am going to say this. If you are going. I strongly suggest if you are buying calls to hit the David holloran booth and get the crystal mistress and her twisted sister.

I doubt any better call is I'n the building.

If you hear them one time. There will be no doubt.

David holloran is the best call maker I'n the business if you ask me.
Hands down!!!

catman529

Cool... problem with me is that I can't go in there and not get broke, first I'd have to pay to park, then to get in, and then just walk around and look at stuff? Would be a bad idea, gotta save my wallet. Some time I will go but not this year

TheAirMan

I just don't like the being crammed in there like you are. The time I went I felt like I couldn't even stop and look at anything for the crowd pushing me along.

REN

Bought one of his slate calls today. Dang good sounding call. Also be sure to check out lonzo calls. Dude makes a sick slate call!!!

I only had money for one so I went with the DH slate but wow those lonzo calls are dang nice.

Also hevi shot is $24 at their booth for the 7's

Trevor2

Squirrel Hunter said:
I'm going in the morning taking my son it will be our first time. We're fired up.
You and your son will have a blast. Last year was my first time. Went today also, had a blast. Walk through all of it one time before you buy anything.

Gravey

When I worked in Donelson I used to go every year on Friday afternoon. Now I just don't care to drive down there. Being an NWTF member gets you in free and you can park at Opry Mills but the dang calls going left and right eventually wear me out. I thought about going tomorrow but probably won't. They do have a ton of stuff you can drop a wad of cash on though.

Pic IN the Casa

TheAirMan said:
I just don't like the being crammed in there like you are. The time I went I felt like I couldn't even stop and look at anything for the crowd pushing me along.

Amen- if someone yelled "he's got a gredade" people would get trampled.

Fridays, I have found, are much more manageable.

Trevor2

Pic IN the Casa said:
TheAirMan said:

Amen- if someone yelled "he's got a gredade" people would get trampled.

Fridays, I have found, are much more manageable.
Fridays are definately alot less crowded.

String Music

After going yesterday, I'll never go on a Saturday again. I could actually walk around and work a few calls.

I came out in pretty good shape: 3 mouth calls and 3 strikers.

Roost 1

David Holleran does make a nice call however I liked the double glass better than the more expensive ones and he said the double glass is his hunting call..Also Lonzo's calls are the bomb and he offers "his lifetime" warranty. Cant beat that.

REN

I would have got the lonzo call but i didnt like the 2 piece striker that came with it. I only had $50 to spend and he just wouldnt let me get a 1 piece striker i liked and the maple slate. Still may end up with one down the road as i REALLY REALLY liked the look and sound. Plus i loved is "warrantied as long as I am alive" no matter how it breaks.

Roost 1

REN-- Lonzo had one Amborsia Maple I think that had worm holes in it. I really liked that one. My bud bought one from him last year that was the Osage orange...Lon had the best call imo today with Holleran's double glass a very close second. We just could not see that the crystal mistress and twisted sister were any better than the double glass and he sort of agreed in a round about way...The blonde in his booth can sure run one...LOL!! David seemed like top notch guy, first time I had met him.

REN

yeah man i was IN LOVE with the maple slate he had out....if I could have just gotten something going with the striker I was IN without a doubt.

I am sorta kicking myself now because I have 20 strikers at home that I am sure would have worked great on it but I just didnt like or want the 2 piece he had. The DH slate i ended up with is fantastic as well and IMO had a slightly better sound but it is a tad rough around the edges. The lonzo LOOKS more custom and hand made...it just had a look that kept me coming back to his table.

David ended up giving me the Laminate slate and a 1 piece persimmon striker i liked all for $50 so it was a win either way.

Like i said i still may end up with 1, they are the same price on his website as they were there so i didnt miss a crazy deal.

Blessed

I went with the twisted sister and the persimmon striker myself. That's my fourth DH call and have great success out of all of them.

Latest posts