NWTF Chapter in Morgan County

SHARPSPUR

Thanks for getting this on cruff10. This chapter is going to be a good one. I wouldn't miss if for any thing.

SHARPSPUR

The meetings are organizational meetings to start a local chapter of the NWTF. There were 10-12 hunters or sportsmen that think its important to give something back to what they love to do.

Now that the chapter is started, the meetings will be to plan for the fund raising banquet. The banquet date for the Emory River Chapter is August 8, 2009. It will be held at Central High School in Wartburg.

By having a local chapter banquet, this chapter can request money to be spent in Morgan County from the State Chapter Superfund. These monies can be spent on habitat improvement, land aquisition, youth events to teach the youth about the outdoors, women events, scholarships for high school seniors that are going into the outdoor field, turkey hunters care, Wheelin Sportsman events where we give the disabled an opportunity to get back outdoors and too many other things to mention here, but you get the picture.

NWTF is a nonprofit organization Dedicated to the Conservation of the Wild Turkey and the Preservation of the Hunting Tradition.

cruff10

Great answer Sharpspur!!! I'm excited to see some type of Sportsman Organization in Morgan County. We have alot to offer in the county and the NWTF is one way of giving back!!!

pubhunter17

Congrats I had some buddies who wen't to the banquet there last year and said it was on its way out but I talked to Charlie and he said that some new volunteers were involved and that is great.

SHARPSPUR

TN Deer Slayer, the next meeting is Monday, February 16th at Partners Pizza in Wartburg. The meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. We would love to have you and anyone else that wants to come. Thanks

spctbone

2-Step Enabled
I may have to get up there. I was supposed to meet with Tim Yates last month, but with everything happening with me and the wifes grandmother I wasnt able too. I really want to get involved!

SHARPSPUR

spctbone, this is Tim. You are welcome to come any time you can make it along with anyone else on the site. I was wandering what happened to you. There have been around 8 - 10 folks at the meetings and should only get better. It will be a great chapter with all the enthusiasm at the meetings.

I hope you can make it.

spctbone

2-Step Enabled
Tim This is Jacke, It has been a rough month! Wife's grand mother was in the hospital for 3 weeks and passed about a week ago. I will see what my work schedule is and try to make it up there. You guys are more than welcome to have the Meeting at Coalfield Market In Coalfield! Best Hamburgers in Morgan County!!!