Now Try This

bowriter

R.I.P.
Had some black bean chilli left over from the weekend. Wnated to try something different.

1- avacado de-seeded and scopped out.
Juice of one lime
Two tbs of sour cream
handfull of shredded cheddar cheese.

Mix in blender. Put a dollop in the middle of your chilli...cold. Not the chilli, heat that but put the blend in cold.

green doe

That does sound good. But I can never find good avocados. When I want to eat them, they're rock hard and when they're just right, I don't want them anymore. The avocados, that is.

JimFromTN

green doe said:
That does sound good. But I can never find good avocados. When I want to eat them, they're rock hard and when they're just right, I don't want them anymore. The avocados, that is.

If you got an ALDI store near by, look for avacodos there. I have seen them as cheap as 49 cents when other stores had them for $1.50 or even $2. I think they were 89 cents a couple weeks ago. Its almost impossible to get avacodos at the proper eating ripeness in the store. They are either too hard or too soft. There are ways to get them to ripen quicker like put them in with other vegatables and fruits.

bowriter

R.I.P.
Aldi has some of the absolute best produce and I have no idea why. They are my go-to when it comes to fruit or produce. Right now they have some variety of orange that is just fantastic.

Buy your avacados firm and put them on the window sill for a couple days just as you would a tomatoe. You don't want them mushy but you don't want them too firm. I use the term "squeezable". We eat a lot of avacados here. Wife and I both love them and they are good for my digestive problems. We eat a lot of vegetarian soft tacos and avacado salad.

Ever tried dipping french fries in quacamole? Try this, put two Roma tomatoes and the insides of an avacado in the blender. You just made a fantastic salad dressing.

Hawk

Bowriter.....when you get to feeling better we need to eat at Cantina Laredo in the gulch. They make the quacamole tableside and it is really good.

My treat.

jb3

BW, better take advantage of that. It's pretty good, not worth the $10 it cost, in my mind, but pretty good.

JimFromTN

If you are into sushi, Ru Sans is right in that area also and they have an all you can eat sushi bar at lunch. The music is a little annoying but the sushi is fresh. Whenever I walk in there I am reminded of the movie "A Night at the Roxbury". I keep wanting to throw my head to the side.

bowriter

R.I.P.
I DO NOT EAT RAW FISH! I ALSO DO NOT EAT RAW CRAWFISH! MAYBE THE HARDEST I EVER PUKED IN MY LIFE.

I will devour raw oysters. I once ate a raw earthworm but that was for $50.

JimFromTN

I love sushi. Spicy tuna is my favorite. I've never considered eating raw crawfish. When it comes to raw fish, just make sure its a non poisonous saltwater species and you should be fine. Don't be eatin no channel cat sushi unless its fried first and then put in the roll. That might actually be a good idea for a Tennessee Roll.

Ru Sans also has cooked things on their buffet like fried calamari, various stir fry dishes, tempura vegatables, and they have sushi rolls that don't have raw fish in them like california roll, crunchy crab, and crunchy shrimp to name a few.

green doe

bowriter said:
I DO NOT EAT RAW FISH! I ALSO DO NOT EAT RAW CRAWFISH! MAYBE THE HARDEST I EVER PUKED IN MY LIFE.

I will devour raw oysters. I once ate a raw earthworm but that was for $50.
I once bit the head off of a smelt but that was for the respect of my peers.

Latest posts