not what you expect to see when coming around the bend

TNReb

Ran out for a quick trip today. Came around the bend.. and saw this guy landing in front of me. Couldn't help but wonder what was going to happen if he hit one of the big logs floating around. Lots of debris in the lake from all the recent water flowing in.

He landed.. took off.. made a circle.. landed again.. and took off again.

plane1.jpg

plane2.jpg

TboneD

Wow. People do funny things for sure!

Reminds me of what I was telling my hunting buddy yesterday. I really wanted to post season scout last weekend but it might not have been too productive had I stepped in a snow covered stump hole with temps in the teens. Sure I would've gone if he'd been able to go but oh, to be young and dumb again.

killingtime 41

if there's any big money houses along that lake. Probably has his own airstrip. That's getting more common around here these days. Pretty unexpected to see no doubt.

Crow Terminator

The first time you see them doing it, it is wild for sure! They do it quite a bit on Watts Bar and Chickamauga. I made a video last year as a joke...saying that the jet skis and wake boats are bad enough to nearly get ran over by...now we have to watch out for airplanes too. I did it as a big yellow one was coming in hot 😄

Displaced_Vol

Has to be 10 years ago at least. Was fishing with my grandfather on the river near Knoxville near the downtown island airport. I think we were down river from where we put in and there was the tail end of a small plane sticking up out of the river.
I can't remember the story, if anybody was hurt or anything like that. But I can say that's the only time we've fished an airplane, don't think we caught anything off of it-

rsimms

I've seen that on Chickamauga a time or two. But it is not nearly as weird as what happened dove hunting many years ago. We were in the midst of a barn-burner of a dove shoot north of Cleveland when we looked up and saw a glider circling - one of those large, manned gliders that have to get towed up into the air by another aircraft. He had obviously run out of updrafts and our cut cornfield was the only place large enough for him to set down safely, which he did! That was long before smartphones came along so no video, but I'll never forget it.

Latest posts