Not what I wanted to find

Shooter77

2-Step Enabled
Went to my farm about 10 today to check cams and clear any trees down on the roads from the artic blast. I've not been out since Dec 2nd. As I was walking in, I seen a bunch of crows going crazy by a thick knoll. Decided out of the blue to walk up there to look at making a kill plot on the flat. Just as I got to spot, I find this 8 pt. Looks to have been shot as 2 ribs were broke out on his left side. Contacted both neighbors but neither have hunted since thanksgiving. I know I have trail cam pics of a 8 similar to him. Will have to look back through my files. Anyone able to age him with jaw pic?

IMG_6036.JPG

IMG_6037.JPG

IMG_6039.JPG

Shooter77

2-Step Enabled
Good looking buck. Broke someone's heart.
Yeah for sure. Not sure who might have shoot him. North of me is river bluff and river. My west neighbor that was closes to his final resting spot is a 170 acres of mostly cattle farm. My east & south neighbor is 119 acres. Both said they've not hunted since November. He's been dead maybe a week at most.

killingtime 41

where in east Tn did you find this buck. As I live in east Tn and shot at one dec 17th. Me and a buddy said it was a clean miss. But you know how that plays out in your head. Always a slim chance. And that's all my mind needs. Especially when it is very similar looking rack. ?

megalomaniac

I suspect that deer has been dead for 3 weeks or a little more... gotta remember we had that polar vortex that frozen the carcass rock solid for 4 days.

As far as age... can't tell much from the tooth pic. Prob not mature, def not 1.5, but can't say more than that

I suspect that deer has been dead for 3 weeks or a little more... gotta remember we had that polar vortex that frozen the carcass rock solid for 4 days.

As far as age... can't tell much from the tooth pic. Prob not mature, def not 1.5, but can't say more than that
Exactly. I had one dead for around 11 days before the buzzards and coyotes found him, which in turn alerted me to him. He was frozen solid. What a shame. I know around 11 days because he was a morning, midday, and evening regular on several cameras. Then he "vanished" from cameras. Reality was he was dead in the ditch a couple of hundred yards from his last picture. A salvage tag was issued by the county game warden.

5664C0A8-452C-4AEE-BFD4-A6CB27AAC872.jpeg

E201E618-D644-4CF6-9BFC-ACF5CDEFE714.jpeg
5F5B707E-40CE-473E-B88D-CF48AB4BD949.jpeg

Latest posts