North Cherokee Hogs

BCR1985

Hi Gang,

I own some land that borders a section of the North Cherokee WMA. I've started scouting for next fall and have come into some good deer and bear sign, but am really interested in bowhunting hogs in there. I spoke with the forestry service and they provided me with a few leads but ultimately said it was hit or miss. Does anyone have any recommendations as to where I should be looking within this area? I'm concentrating on areas that border private ag; which worked in the past, but I'm new to this region. Any areas that historically hold consistent populations during bow season? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Best,

Ed

CATCHDAWG

Hogs are extremely nomadic. They can anywhere at anytime and the opposite of that. I always tell folks when you find fresh hog sign, all that means is that they have been there and now they are somewhere else. Without the use of dogs, about all you can do is hunt food sources and hope they come through.

Atchman2

I have a place along a river to hunt. With the proper permits you can hunt them on private land. There are so many groups that come through that I can recognize them by sight on my cameras.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

PickettSFHunter

Don't know a thing about that area but.... if you own land bordering it, get a permit and bait barrel or feeder. Bait them up, they will get regular on bait usually. Monitor with a trail cam. Go in with night vision when they get regular. There are folks that bow hunt them at night but I don't know much about that. I've been averaging about 100 a year just by baiting and shooting at night.

Latest posts