Nolin River Lake KY

Trnr

Headed up to see some family here in a week or so. Would like to get them some fresh fish while I'm there. Anyone ever fish Nolin River Lake KY that could point me towards some walleye? Never fished there and will only be there for 2 days so I'm trying to shorten the learning curve. Any help/tips/pointers would be greatly appreciated

Displaced_Vol

never fished it for walleye but I live fairly close. This is all second hand info and old at that so take it for what it's worth:
I think they're pretty tough to fish in the lake. Most people fish for them up river when they start making their runs. I think* that's usually around early March. This years weather has been crazy so who knows.

There is a fishing forecast put out by the KDFWR that details multiple species in each lake or river in the state. It's not much but let me find it, may be something to work with in it.

Kyboy

Headed up to see some family here in a week or so. Would like to get them some fresh fish while I'm there. Anyone ever fish Nolin River Lake KY that could point me towards some walleye? Never fished there and will only be there for 2 days so I'm trying to shorten the learning curve. Any help/tips/pointers would be greatly appreciated
Can't speak to walleye too much, but the crappie will be shallow and in the bushes when you come up. I would target them if the walleye isn't panning out, great crappie fishing on that lake.

Latest posts