Good Day on Ky Lake

gasman

My brother and myself spent the day on the lake. It wasn't fast and furious, but it was just enough to keep us on the water. 19 keepers, 6 short fish, 3 channel cats (not pictured), 1 drum, 1 gar, and a jumping fish. 10lb Asian Carp on a 14' trolling pole is fun. My brother had the big crappie of the day. 15 1/2" 2lb. stud.
No livescope was used in the taking of these fish.

Attachments

• IMG_2112.jpeg
    IMG_2112.jpeg
    203.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2113.jpeg
    IMG_2113.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2111.jpeg
    IMG_2111.jpeg
    209.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2115.jpeg
    IMG_2115.jpeg
    303.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2116.jpeg
    IMG_2116.jpeg
    490.7 KB · Views: 5

bluball

Work is overrated. I've done my fair share of that. I'm getting to the age that fishing is more importanter than work.
I was like that for probably 12yrs straight,fished all I could.The job change and helping my buddy get it off the ground has kept me busy.We are up to 4 employees and growing so it shouldn't be long before I get more time to fish.The job change has had its perks though,a trip to branson,mo,3 days hanging out at Tim hortons place,2 days duck hunting and a pheasant hunting trip and spent 4 days in Florida getting training a couple weeks ago.All trips were free all expenses paid,it's been fun yr even though I haven't got to fish much.We have also installed and sold our products to multiple guy fishing the bass circuit in the pro division,it's been cool.

WTM

Real men work and don't have time to fish anymore🤣🤣🤣I do get to talk fishing everyday and hear reports of everybody's fishing trips🤣🤣🤣
i logged 400 hours in overtime last year plus some side electronics projects. my electronics side work will probably increase next year.

but i still fish to decompress. quit being a puss and go fish. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Crow Terminator

Yes sir!!

I had every intention of going but we had a sick goat that had to be tended to. I've got to get me a tractor with a backhoe attachment...this digging graves with a shovel is getting hard on me. Everything seems to get in the way of me going. I had 1222 hours of over time last year. Way too much. All my buddies that went today said it was tough. Only caught a couple fish a piece...no crappie.

bluball

i logged 400 hours in overtime last year plus some side electronics projects. my electronics side work will probably increase next year.

but i still fish to decompress. quit being a puss and go fish. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
Sometimes when you manly decisions you have to be a puss for awhile🤣🤣🤣🤣I knew it would be this way for alittle whole when I changed jobs.But I'm doing something I really enjoy so it's worth it.Work,wife ,family and church usually come before fishing also,that keeps me busy also.i have only took 4 days off since the first or April last yr.We just hired a new guy and he has helped alot.We get him trained up alittle more and I should be able to take off more.

gasman

I agree, - superuktralight spinning rod and a jig. Id go crazy trolling or spider righing. Probably i fish for crappie like im fishing for smallmouth on the river.
That's fun too but that scoping and chasing 1 fish ain't for me. Spider rigging is just relaxing to me. Nothing like watching that rod tip bury in the water. I cast a spinning rig later on when the fish move in for the spawn.

Latest posts