NIL Lawsuit

wayne

Won't be the last. I'm sure more teams, including Tennessee, will have their fair share of them.

PillsburyDoughboy

20 years ago a coach would have been telling them they would be on a bus picking cotton on Tuesday if they didn't get their act together. And it might be true. Now this?

PillsburyDoughboy

Sounds racist to me.
You missed the point. 20 years ago coaches did not coddle their players. They did not have to go into the locker room or coaches room and lobby with their agent at the beginning or end of the season and beg them to stay and negotiate these NIL deals. They told them its my way or the highway. Nowdays? Not so much.

PillsburyDoughboy

He will win this suit.
I think on the surface his lawsuit looks like it has some merits. It all depends on the legal eagle mumbo jumbo of the contract. The Actual Promises that were expressed and such. Probably get settled for some sort of undisclosed amount is my hunch.

BMan

You missed the point. 20 years ago coaches did not coddle their players. They did not have to go into the locker room or coaches room and lobby with their agent at the beginning or end of the season and beg them to stay and negotiate these NIL deals. They told them its my way or the highway. Nowdays? Not so much.

We all got your point. You used racist iconography - a coach would have had that black athlete picking cotton. No other way to interpret that.

You said it. Own it.

Latest posts