Nighttime crossbow scopes

Planking

Thermal scopes, suppressors, spot lights and thermal drones are what the worst poachers around here are using. It is very possible that thermal road hunting is the 2nd most popular form of hunting in my area.

Buzzard Breath

Honestly, I don't think poachers are using crossbows any longer. Most are now using suppressors with thermal scopes.

Need the meat to feed the family, but can afford $1000 for a suppressor, $200 tax stamp, and $3500 for a thermal scope.
I'm so out of touch with this stuff, I'd make a lousy poacher. :D

Planking

Ive learned on this subject that what the rules say and what can actually be enforced are two different things. TWRA needs to clarify their position on the use of these devices because they are being used from the street at night and the game wardens told me there is nothing they can do about it unless they see them shoot.

megalomaniac

Ive learned on this subject that what the rules say and what can actually be enforced are two different things. TWRA needs to clarify their position on the use of these devices because they are being used from the street at night and the game wardens told me there is nothing they can do about it unless they see them shoot.
It should never be illegal to possess and use them. No different than pulling out a gopro from a public street and recording what you can see.

But they should quintiple the fines and jail time for using them illegally.

Planking

It should never be illegal to possess and use them. No different than pulling out a gopro from a public street and recording what you can see.

But they should quintiple the fines and jail time for using them illegally.
It is different because the people have no idea they are being stalked by three counties worth of thugs shooting and trying to shoot animals on their property at all hours of the night like me and my neighbors experienced. I don't see any go pro people doing that.

They can't issue a fine or jail time because law enforcement can't hide from them in any place to see them shoot. That's why they never get caught. Lol

megalomaniac

It is different because the people have no idea they are being stalked by three counties worth of thugs shooting and trying to shoot animals on their property at all hours of the night like me and my neighbors experienced. I don't see any go pro people doing that.

They can't issue a fine or jail time because law enforcement can't hide from them in any place to see them shoot. That's why they never get caught. Lol
I don't know for certain, but I suspect many law enforcement are using thermals to look for the poachers.

My cousin who is a ranger for Fall Creek Falls was issued a thermal scope this year to assist him with hog eradication .. so the state is for sure issuing them to law enforcement.

Latest posts