Night Hunting

Status
Not open for further replies.

KPH

A post on the predator hunting got me thinking. What would it take to get predator hunting at night, thinking mostly of coyotes? Also what would the opposition be?

Bottom Hunter

My thoughts would be that the opposition may say that it would be difficult for the TWRA to distinguish between yote hunters and deer poachers at night. One strategy of the TWRA is to fly over areas at night and look for spot lighters. Not sure how yote hunters would hunt, spot lighting or night vision goggles, but even deer poachers could have the impression of being yote hunting but just might shoot a huge buck at night .. Since both deer and yote hunters may use the same weapons, all a deer poacher would have to do is stick a predator call in their pocket...right?

scn

KPH said:
A post on the predator hunting got me thinking. What would it take to get predator hunting at night, thinking mostly of coyotes? Also what would the opposition be?

Send the recommendation in with season recomendations and it will be looked at.

catman529

Bottom Hunter said:
My thoughts would be that the opposition may say that it would be difficult for the TWRA to distinguish between yote hunters and deer poachers at night. One strategy of the TWRA is to fly over areas at night and look for spot lighters. Not sure how yote hunters would hunt, spot lighting or night vision goggles, but even deer poachers could have the impression of being yote hunting but just might shoot a huge buck at night .. Since both deer and yote hunters may use the same weapons, all a deer poacher would have to do is stick a predator call in their pocket...right?
I'd say make it rim fire or shotgun only.... Yeah a lot use .223 for yotes but at night there is the deer poaching issue

Status
Not open for further replies.